Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What domestic routes will United use the 787 on?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What domestic routes will United use the 787 on?...

In the near future, now that they've had their first revenue flight from IAH to ORD. I live in Denver, and that's obviously one of their hubs, and I WANT to fly on this plane!

I think they will use the 787 erratically on domestic routes that so far saw the 767, but only for crew familiarization purposes. In the medium term, the 787 will be used internationally, replacing the 767 and opening up new routes that were beyond the 767's reach. So no scheduled 787 domestic services for quite a while, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      I think they will use the 787 erratically on domestic routes that so far saw the 767, but only for crew familiarization purposes. In the medium term, the 787 will be used internationally, replacing the 767 and opening up new routes that were beyond the 767's reach. So no scheduled 787 domestic services for quite a while, in my opinion.
      I agree here, and long-term, I expect to see them on re-positioning legs domestically, similar to the way that AA and DL use their 777s domestically only on hub-hub routes while re-positioning their aircraft for long-haul flights.

I expect soon that many of the routes to second-tier European cities will see UA's 787, as well as a few cities in South America. I hope that UA capitalizes on the advantage of being the first U.S. carrier to operate the 787 and aggressively goes after new markets soon .
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I was looking at flights not too long ago for a trip over the Christmas break, and found one DEN-IAH and ORD-IAH. Don't know how often, but it's been on a few days that I've looked at. Would be pretty cool, but where I'm looking at flying out of and into, it's a little pricey.
        Here's to hoping!

Comment

I would think this one would be better to track via N number rather than flight number as they will use them on various.

Comment

If I was a betting man, I'd say the people in DEN, LAX, SFO, ORD, and EWR might see the 787 next month. I'd also say the flights will probably originate and return to IAH...

Some of the flight numbers leaving the following cities might reveal a 787 occasionally:

SFO: 1718/1528/1001/1709

LAX: 1694/1679/1402

DEN: 1219/1596/94/1187/1138/1688/1025/1619/1256/1052

ORD: 1510/1430/47/1249

EWR: 1707/1737/1599/1683/1424/1642/1294/1061

The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
              I was looking at flights not too long ago for a trip over the Christmas break, and found one DEN-IAH and ORD-IAH. Don't know how often, but it's been on a few days that I've looked at. Would be pretty cool, but where I'm looking at flying out of and into, it's a little pricey.
              Here's to hoping!
              That was my concern at first of the price, but I had to give in and pay for the ticket. I found a discount with USA Hockey but it was not that much to take the price down. Keep checking and you may find something.

Comment

Originally posted by UALdave View Post
                In the near future, now that they've had their first revenue flight from IAH to ORD. I live in Denver, and that's obviously one of their hubs, and I WANT to fly on this plane!
                Not domestic but United has said it will operate a 787 on a new Denver-Japan flight (early next year if my memory is correct).

Comment

Well, here's one departing LAX for IAH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIpKZATd7g4

Comment

For the next month or so, IAH-SFO/ORD/EWR/LAX and I think DEN will be almost daily, with flights to CLE here and there. After that, they will go onto the routes they are launching from various hubs. SFO won't be getting any 787s in the foreseeable future sans some hub-to-hub flying which may or may not occur sporadically. I'll do my best to ride on it!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

What about the 747-400-are there any airlines in this country that use it on domestic routes? I think Delta might, but I don't know.

Comment

UALDAVE
                        Does this help you:
                        United Airlines new Boeing 787, dubbed the "Dreamliner," will take off from Denver International Airport in just a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                          It does; thanks!

So, what about domestic (USA) flights on the 747-400-are there any??

Comment

From wherever they're sitting now back to Seattle to get a refund if the Stuff Ups continue!

Comment

Originally posted by tsv View Post
                              From wherever they're sitting now back to Seattle to get a refund in the Stuff Ups continue!
                              I'm being serious here. I really want to fly on a 744, but I don't have the time for an international trip right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X