Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Vietnam Airlines like?

Hi all,

Just wondering what Vietnam Airlines is like in terms of service. Has anyone here been on VN?

I am planning to go to Sydney from KIX and stopover at Vietnam for a day or two in December. Is Vietnam a safe country to visit? What is there to see?

Thanks.....
    Takashi H

J-Bird: JA8580, JA8581, JA8582, JA8583, JA8584, JA8585, JA8586, JA8587, JA8588, JA8589.

Well not sure, however, if it hasnt taken affect yet, the airline still charges non-vietnam citizens a greatly higher fare. I have heard the service is, decent, of course if you dont like smoking then it might get a little stuffy in there as they do allow smoking. Not exactly sure what is in Vietnam, however, it is a big spot for US tourist.

Comment

Smoking regulations
      All Vietnam Airlines domestic and the following international short-haul flights are non-smoking from HANOI to BANGKOK, GUANGZHOU, HONG KONG, SEOUL, VIENTIANE, SINGAPORE and from HO CHI MINH CITY to BANGKOK, MANILA, PHNOM PENH, SINGAPORE, KUALA LUMPUR, HONG KONG and GUANGZHOU.

Smoking is permitted on flights from HANOI and HO CHI MINH CITY to EUROPE, AUSTRALIA, TAIWAN; from HO CHI MINH CITY to SEOUL, KAOHSIUNG and OSAKA.

Smoking is not permitted during flights when the "no smoking" sign is on, in the lavatories, in the aisles or in non-smoking sections of the cabin. Pipe smoking is not allowed on any aircraft.

Interesting......

Comment

Wow.... smoking flights
        Then it may not be wise to travel with them. I cannot stand some Japanese chimney to be honest. The Japanese and the Chinese are heavy smokers!!

My friend just told me about an American war crime museum in Hanoi (or perhaps it was Ho Chih Minh).

Some photos of Vietnam are indeed beautiful.
        Takashi H

J-Bird: JA8580, JA8581, JA8582, JA8583, JA8584, JA8585, JA8586, JA8587, JA8588, JA8589.

Comment

I didnt realize their were still airlines that offered Smoking on their flights.
          - The baby will be back -

Comment

Pathetic .
            Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
            American Airlines > Always Awful
            PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
            BWIA > But Will It Arrives
            CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
            JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
            QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
            TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
            UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
            MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
            SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
            Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

I have travelled on a Fokker 70 from Hanoi to Vientiane and an Airbus A320-214 from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines and have found the airline excellent on a world standard.

Than Son Nhut Airport in HCMC needs a major refurbishment, but the city it serves is a facinating place (although I prefer Hanoi).

Cheers.

Comment

Hi again AJ, is Vietnam's hub in Ho Chih Minh?

Glad to know that they are of world standard.
                Takashi H

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bird_MD11
                  Hi again AJ, is Vietnam's hub in Ho Chih Minh?
                  Both HAN & SGN are their hubs.
                  Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
                  American Airlines > Always Awful
                  PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
                  BWIA > But Will It Arrives
                  CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
                  JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
                  QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
                  TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
                  UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
                  MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
                  SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
                  Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

Working...
                  X