• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-deprecation (Spirit)

made me lol

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
    moving quickly in air

pathetic. and they aren't always so cheap, unless of course you plan on flying with no luggage at all. by the time you tack on all their fees for every conceivable "extra" they are usually right up there with legacy carriers. shit, i'll happily pay more to avoid them.

Comment

Here in the UK easyJet aren't any different. I priced up flights to Malta using BA/GB Airways (as it was then, now taken over by easyJet.), easyJet, Thomson Airways and Air Malta.

The most expensive by quite a lot was BA/GB followed by easyJet and Thomson at much the same fare with Air Malta coming out the winners.....almost £100 cheaper per person round trip. That saving paid for my hire car for two weeks holiday. Not only that, Air Malta is a full service airline with food, drink and two pieces of cabin baggage included in the fare along with decent 31 inch legroom as against easyJet and Thomson 28 inch sardine cans. Top it off with seat selection and online boarding cards in the 24 hrs before flight and the choice is a no brainer.
      True, BA/GB were the same kind of service and legroom but the £200 saving with Air Malta took them out of the selection process.

Another tip. Going to the States ? Get a flight shop to find you a one stop deal instead of flying direct. My wife, daughter and I went to Florida with United outbound and Air Canada inbound stopping off for 1.5hrs each at Newark and Toronto. We saved over £900 between us by not using BA or Virgin Atlantic non stop.
      Went to Las Vegas with US airways stopping at Charlotte for 1.5 hours. Saved a whopping £1000 between us again by not using BA or Virgin Atlantic non stop.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

...and they think that this is supposed to make people more comfortable flying them. Sadly, watching this video was the most pleasant and longest 'customer service' experience I had with the airline.

I had the displeasure of travelling with them twice. Needless to say, there will not be a third.
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Say what you want about Spirit, but last I checked the airline was still in business with it's flights full, still expanding it's operations, and still generating profits, so they must be doing something right. The Spirit CEO said it best..."what people SAY and what people DO are two different things". People can complain all day long about how bad the comfort and service is on Spirit, but when it's all said and done they just want to get from point A to point B as cheaply as possible and with all of their limbs still attached. Just be thankful (and pray) that the rest of the airline industry doesn't follow in Spirit's footsteps....

Comment

Originally posted by cegro27 View Post
            Say what you want about Spirit, but last I checked the airline was still in business with it's flights full, still expanding it's operations, and still generating profits, so they must be doing something right. The Spirit CEO said it best..."what people SAY and what people DO are two different things". People can complain all day long about how bad the comfort and service is on Spirit, but when it's all said and done they just want to get from point A to point B as cheaply as possible and with all of their limbs still attached.
            Cause.

Just be thankful (and pray) that the rest of the airline industry doesn't follow in Spirit's footsteps....
            Effect.

Or vice versa, if so inclined.
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Say what you want about Spirit, but last I checked the airline was still in business with it's flights full, still expanding it's operations, and still generating profits, so they must be doing something right. The Spirit CEO said it best..."what people SAY and what people DO are two different things". People can complain all day long about how bad the comfort and service is on Spirit, but when it's all said and done they just want to get from point A to point B as cheaply as possible and with all of their limbs still attached. Just be thankful (and pray) that the rest of the airline industry doesn't follow in Spirit's footsteps....
              I think that's a very true statement, and not just about Spirit, or just about the airline industry, for that matter. Furthermore, it seems to me that people who are happy about a product or a service, don't necessarily take the time to talk or write about it, while those even the least bit displeased seem ever ready to write PhD-thesis-length dissertations on the subject.

Human nature, I suppose.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                I think that's a very true statement, and not just about Spirit, or just about the airline industry, for that matter. Furthermore, it seems to me that people who are happy about a product or a service, don't necessarily take the time to talk or write about it, while those even the least bit displeased seem ever ready to write PhD-thesis-length dissertations on the subject.

Human nature, I suppose.
                Another very true statement. At least the ratio of those complaining vs. those complimenting is large (I'm talking on average).

Comment

the real problem is, like many conservatives are fond of bitching about, the losses are incremental, but before you know it, we'll all be slaves. conservatives cry about incremental encroachments on personal liberties. a little here a little there...

airlines have steadily and continuosly eroded at service and the product they are delivering and most of us, who travel maybe once or twice a year, don't really realize it until we are on a plane squashed between two sweaty bodies after having paid a ridiculous amount for a 2 hour flight and then having been insulted by having to pay to check a bag.

if anyone here thinks that ANY airline gives 1/2 a shit about customers bitching, even us elites, think again. sure, they give us lip service. but check out the fora on flyertalk.com--where the supposed "most important customers hang out--and tell me the airlines listen. they all read it and duly ignore it. they are cheap ass skank whores for wall street. pax are powerless. the ONLY thing that will make them change is government regulation.

now i'm not necessarily advocating more regs, but that is the ONLY thing they will listen to.

remember those ten+ hour tarmac prisoners? if uncle sam hadn't stepped in, some of us would still be held prisoner. now threaten their wallets...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                    if anyone here thinks that ANY airline gives 1/2 a shit about customers bitching, even us elites, think again. sure, they give us lip service. but check out the fora on flyertalk.com--where the supposed "most important customers hang out--and tell me the airlines listen. they all read it and duly ignore it. they are cheap ass skank whores for wall street. pax are powerless. the ONLY thing that will make them change is government regulation.
                    I think what would make them change a lot quicker is if "you elites" started switching to NetJets and such in droves. Being "elites", ostensibly you can afford it. On shorter distances, I suppose, your S600 might even be a viable alternative.

The most powerful vote one has in a capitalist society is a vote with his dollars. Everyone listens to that.

Comment

...Say what you want about Spirit, but last I checked the airline was still in business with it's flights full, still expanding it's operations, and still generating profits...

...Just be thankful (and pray) that the rest of the airline industry doesn't follow in Spirit's footsteps....
                      Your first statement: Indeed and Concur

Your second statement: I'd argue that there isn't really "leading" nor "following", but instead a very parallel path and a somewhat minor distinction in between generally crummy and moreso crummy customer service between said airlines.
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                        I think what would make them change a lot quicker is if "you elites" started switching to NetJets and such in droves. Being "elites", ostensibly you can afford it. On shorter distances, I suppose, your S600 might even be a viable alternative.

The most powerful vote one has in a capitalist society is a vote with his dollars. Everyone listens to that.
                        i say elites because that is what the airlines call us--pax that fly waaaaayyyy more than most others--50k per year +

you can't be serious that netjets would be a viable alternative. have you seen their prices? i fly about 75k per year. average fare these days is $400, up ~$100 from only one year ago. assuming my average trip is 3000 miles r/t, you tell me how netjets would be a viable alternative when 50 flight hours runs $550,000.

p.s. your sarcasm is unwarranted. i drive a mazda 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                          i say elites because that is what the airlines call us--pax that fly waaaaayyyy more than most others--50k per year +

you can't be serious that netjets would be a viable alternative. have you seen their prices? i fly about 75k per year. average fare these days is $400, up ~$100 from only one year ago. assuming my average trip is 3000 miles r/t, you tell me how netjets would be a viable alternative when 50 flight hours runs $550,000.

p.s. your sarcasm is unwarranted. i drive a mazda 3.
                          I wasn't being sarcastic, just misunderstood you. I took your "elite" term somewhat more literally that it was intended, it appears.

Comment

Working...
                          X