Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hong Kong Aviation Capital places $7.7 Billion order with Airbus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Kong Aviation Capital places $7.7 Billion order with Airbus...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-aircraft.html

Hong Kong Aviation Capital Co., the lessor whose shareholders include China’ HNA Group, signed an order for 70 Airbus Group NV single-aisle planes worth $7.7 billion in list prices amid a travel boom across Asia.

The deal is for 40 A320neos and 30 A321neos and comes after the two signed a memorandum of understanding at the Paris Airshow last year, Airbus said in an e-mailed statement today. This is Hong Kong Aviation’s first direct order from a manufacturer, it said. Deliveries start 2019.
    Well, Farnborough is highly profitable for EADS this year! Well done, and good news for the company. Maybe someone can explain this - but why are the lessors placing such massive orders? Is financing harder to come by for airlines to do so, or is it just more profitable to lease versus own?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
    Well, Farnborough is highly profitable for EADS this year! Well done, and good news for the company. Maybe someone can explain this - but why are the lessors placing such massive orders? Is financing harder to come by for airlines to do so, or is it just more profitable to lease versus own?
    You are quoting Bloomberg, ok. But this link says, and I have to give this as a quotation,
    "The deal is for 40 A320neos and 30 A321neos and comes after the two signed a memorandum of understanding at the Paris Airshow last year, Airbus said in an e-mailed statement today."

Le Bourget is not Farnborough. But after all, it's a good link, thanks for it.

PS: Hong Kong is ok, but who in this town wants to (wet) lease 40 A320neos? AA, was this your question? This is also my question. CX (Cathay Pacific) won't need so many tiny a/c, afaik the smallest thing that they fly is
    a triple3 (A330-300)!
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2014-07-30, 06:18. Reason: Hong Kong is ok, but...
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      You are quoting Bloomberg, ok. But this link says, and I have to give this as a quotation,
      "The deal is for 40 A320neos and 30 A321neos and comes after the two signed a memorandum of understanding at the Paris Airshow last year, Airbus said in an e-mailed statement today."

Le Bourget is not Farnborough. But after all, it's a good link, thanks for it.
      Ok, so you actually uncovered something much more interesting. From what I can understand, the original order (Paris) was actually for their A380s, of which EADS has now switched to an 'unidentified' customer - and thus this order is confirming the new aircraft types (i.e. the switch). Perhaps other members can explain a bit further because I am (perhaps intentionally) confused by the orders/information.

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      PS: Hong Kong is ok, but who in this town wants to (wet) lease 40 A320neos? AA, was this your question? This is also my question. CX (Cathay Pacific) won't need so many tiny a/c, afaik the smallest thing that they fly is
      a triple3 (A330-300)!
      All will go to Hong Kong Airlines - which is leasing them from Hong Kong Aviation - I assume. Otherwise, they will likely go to other Asian carriers, but I don't think that even Hong Kong Airlines can currently support a fleet of that size coupled with their current fleet - unless these are replacement aircraft.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
      X