Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About "Categories wrong or missing".

Dear friends,

I have a really big respect to all of the crew members, but I wish to express a little disappointment ...

This photo was rejected because of "Categories wrong or missing".

I sent appeal, but after about 2 minutes I got a quick rejection again, with a comment "It's not a business jet".

Well, Probably I made a mistake, I apologize about it, but is this a unforgivable mistake?

If you check over many years, I don't think that I have so many such mistakes.

Also, for a long time my acceptance percentage is very high.
    Is it not a good enough reason to consider positively for a veteran photographer and forgive about a little mistake so you accept the photo with a little correction of the the mistake?

Best regards,
    Erez.

It is impossible to change categories in the appeal process. And selecting biz jet on that pic, warrants a rejection. We correct many errors which are honest mistakes (line borderline night shots - I have done that for you many times while screening your shots) but we do not have to correct the obviously wrong.

Comment

Erez,
      Let's say you get stopped by the police for doing 90kph in a 50kph limit. Would you expect them to drop any charges because you haven't done it before ?

Quite why you selected business jet is beyond me, especially as there are no categories required at all. As Stefan says, data cannot be changed in appeals. It's not a case of we WON'T change it.....it's a case of we physically CAN'T change it.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
        It is impossible to change categories in the appeal process. And selecting biz jet on that pic, warrants a rejection. We correct many errors which are honest mistakes (line borderline night shots - I have done that for you many times while screening your shots) but we do not have to correct the obviously wrong.
        Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Erez,
        Let's say you get stopped by the police for doing 90kph in a 50kph limit. Would you expect them to drop any charges because you haven't done it before ?

Quite why you selected business jet is beyond me, especially as there are no categories required at all. As Stefan says, data cannot be changed in appeals. It's not a case of we WON'T change it.....it's a case of we physically CAN'T change it.
        Dear Stefan, Dear Brian,

First at all, thank you Brian for the Birthday greetings that you wrote on my profile a few days ago, just now I saw it. Thanks.

Now about the "main" issue:
        Dear friends, we're not little kids, I am one of the veterans uploaders here, so in my humble opinion each of crew member was have to think that the Business jet category probably pressed accidentally, without any premeditation.
        It is not inconceivable that I press on such thing on purpose...

Now it is no longer so important, but please take it your attention for the next time (I hope it does not happen again...)
        I have a lot of patience, but for the screeners will be now unnecessary work ...

By the way, regarding the "night shot" as Stefan wrote above, do you know how many times I got requirement from the screeners to mark this category for photos was taken at 15:00 (3:00 afternoon) but I respected they requirement, Even if I have not seen it make sense, that the sunset was at 19:30 or 20:30 ?
        It's happens all the time even with many other photographers, so that's not my specific problem.

I wish you a good weekend,
        Erez.

Comment

Important Update!

Important Update!
          I thought maybe I'm an idiot, but now I wanted to re-upload the photo, but please take a look what you get with the auto fill !
          So it's a database mistake, not my mistake.
          Yes, I know, I have to check out the form before the upload, but there are things that can disappear from humans eye...
          Yours,
          Erez.

Comment

I am going to make a comment here now worthy of any administrator shortly before they dig themselves out of a hole......

....... Oh SHIT !

Leave this with me, I'll sort out a suitable response.

Comment

I am going to make a comment here now worthy of any administrator shortly before they dig themselves out of a hole......

....... Oh SHIT !

Leave this with me, I'll sort out a suitable response.
              -

Comment

OK, problem solved. Image accepted with business jet category removed and an autofill correction requested.

And I've figured out how it happened. The registration concerned was previously allocated to a Gulfstream biz jet. When it was reallocated to the A330 the biz jet selection somehow stayed with it. Autofill is only as good as the last user so please check everything folks.

The admin concerned is hereby now deemed to be completely out of the hole that he was in having used a politically correct get out clause !
                Last edited by brianw999; 2014-07-12, 21:03.

Comment

OK, problem solved. Image accepted with business jet category removed and an autofill correction requested.

And I've figured out how it happened. The registration concerned was previously allocated to a Gulfstream biz jet. When it was reallocated to the A330 the biz jet selection somehow stayed with it. Autofill is only as good as the last user so please check everything folks.

The admin concerned is hereby now deemed to be completely out of the hole that he was in having used a politically correct get out clause !
                  Thank you very much !
                  Now I'm going to remove the reupload.

Yours,
                  Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                    Thank you very much !
                    Now I'm going to remove the reupload.

Yours,
                    Erez.
                    Good idea....otherwise you'll get a "double" rejection.

Comment

Good idea....otherwise you'll get a "double" rejection.
                      Oh no... just not "double" rejection.

Comment

Working...
                      X