Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Algerie A330 skids off runway landing at Paris Orly (LFPO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Algerie A330 skids off runway landing at Paris Orly (LFPO)

16 Feb 2015 - Flight AH2004 service from Algier's Houari Boumedienne (DAAG) to Paris Orly (LFPO) landed at 14:30 loc (13:20Z), then skid off runway and finished cours with front landing gear stuck in grass.

Weather conditions are very good and dry today in Paris.

No causualty reported.

At 18:00Z, runway 26 still closed. Landings have been transferred to runway 24, and take-off use runway 20, usually not in service

... landed on Orly's runway 26 and was vacating the runway via high speed exit W35 at about 14:36L (13:36Z) when the aircraft went left off the turn off and came to a stop with nose and left main gear on soft ground...
    More info, photo and airport chart at:
    Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

What's it doing now?

UAS problem?

(Sorry)
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Well, being made of cheap composite and therefore lighter weight it won't be in so deep as a Boeing would !

......and continually pulling up won't help here either.

Last edited by brianw999; 2015-02-17, 15:46.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Is it just me or are they pointing back towards the runway centerline by about 30 degrees? Like they started to take the high speed to the right and then veered full left for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
            Is it just me or are they pointing back towards the runway centerline by about 30 degrees? Like they started to take the high speed to the right and then veered full left for some reason.
            Yes, those skid marks and the plane do not seem to align with it being a simple high speed, BUT NOT THAT MUCH high speed turnoff error.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
              They took the high-speed exit to the right and veered off the left side of the taxiway. Probably when the left gear touched soft ground it dragged "back" and made the plane turn left.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Just practicing short and soft field techniques. Not to worry.
                Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                  Just practicing short and soft field techniques. Not to worry.

Wrong.

Big jets rut up the turf too much. The bill to smooth the fairway back out and getting it pretty will be significant here!

Comment

That was pure sarcasm. The only pax jet that I ever heard of on "off tarmac" operations was the 727 on a few dirt strips in Alaska.

Comment

That was pure sarcasm. The only pax jet that I ever heard of on "off tarmac" operations was the 727 on a few dirt strips in Alaska.
                      I encountered some 737 and Dash 7 operations on gravel/dirt strips in parts of Yemen in the 1990s.

Comment

That was good humorous sarcasm. The only pax jet that I ever heard of on "off tarmac" operations was the 727 on a few dirt strips in Alaska.
                        1. Fixed.

2. I would still argue that a Piper Cub with over-sized tires could handle much much much softer ground conditions than a passenger jet, even though there are genuine, intended passenger jet operations on unpaved surfaces sometimes.

Comment

I thought the advantage of the 727 was that the higher engines were less likely to pick up fod such as pebbles on a soft strip.

Comment

Meet the Fokker...

Comment

I thought the advantage of the 727 was that the higher engines were less likely to pick up fod such as pebbles on a soft strip.
                              Not the higher engines, but those awesome mud-flaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X