Help please. Puerto Plata spotting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please. Puerto Plata spotting.

I'm going to the Puerto Plata area of the Dominican Republic in a month or so for 3 weeks. In between the days of alcoholic haze can anyone advise on spotting locations for photography groundside ?
    There used to be an observation platform on the roof of the terminal but I think some construction work has blocked that. Google-Earth shows a couple of tracks through a housing area that leads to the end of runway 08 but they are close to a military residential area and I don't want to wind up on the wrong end of a gun !!
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Was there more then 10 years ago. The viewing are was still open. And some shots were taken from there. I had never the idea to go shooting outside the terminal. Just didnt felt right to do safety wise.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Thanks Erwin,
      The building works were done less than 10 years ago. You used to get a good shot straight up the taxiway into and out of the ramp but that I think has been obscured now. There is a YouTube video shot from the 08 end of the runway where it seems to be fairly quiet.

Maybe someone else can help ?
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
      X