Pitch controls altitude...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitch controls altitude...

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

...and stable and in-control the whole way down too.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

I didn't read all the comments, so maybe I missed it: was this a flight carrying passengers? I've seen approaches like that done by military aircraft in situations where it was necessary to stay as high as possible for as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      I didn't read all the comments, so maybe I missed it: was this a flight carrying passengers? I've seen approaches like that done by military aircraft in situations where it was necessary to stay as high as possible for as long as possible.
      They are talking in Spanish. mostly unintelligible because the voices are very low compared with the background noise. They don't seem to be military pilots, because of the uniforms. It seems that they were either training or playing. Note the third pilot in the jumpseat (the one videotaping) and another guy standing (!!!!) behind them. And note that the PF is the FO.

The description of the video saying that his was because of a jammed pitch trim is of course nonsense.

Ok, here is the translated transcript.

1 is PIC/PNF (left seat), 3 is 3rd pilot (jumpseat).

0:00 - 0:08 [mixed, mostly 1]: [unintelligible]
      0:08 ?: Let's go
      0:08 1: The speed
      0:10 1: Let's go to [unintelligible]
      0:13 [brief horn]
      0:15 [sound similar to landing gear extending]
      0:17 1: At thirty [maybe referring to the flaps?]
      0:19 1: Max [the prop condition? Max fine pitch?]
      0:21 1: Override [prop condition lever again?]
      0.23 1: Go down [together with a hand sign]
      0.26 1: For point six miles [pointing with the finger to the corner of the HSI display]
      0.28 [aural warning in English that I don't understand]
      0.29 1: [unintelligible] a helicopter [unintelligible]
      0.30 3: taca-taca-taca-taca [onomatopoeia of helicopter]
      0.35 [horn]
      0.37 [sink rate, sink rate, sink rate, sink rate]
      0.41 [woop woop, pull up!, repeated uninterruptedly until 1:05]
      0.59 ?: [unintelligible]
      1:06 [sink rate]
      1:07 ?: [unintelligible]
      1:08 [sink rate]
      1:12 1: Ten
      1:14 [sound of touchdown]
      1:16 1: Hard touchdown, uh?
      1:18 3: hard touchdown safe touchdown

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        ...They are talking in Spanish...
        Muchos gracias for the translation- it clarifies the proceedings.

Acceptable CRM (and fairly sterile)
        Acceptable Aimanship (although the firm touchdown seemed like a mistake)
        Acceptable operation within the aircraft capability
        Fairly gross deviation from standard procedure
        I'd like to know the total runway length, to arm-chair-parlour-talk, they were pretty far past the traditional 1000-ft "aim point", although the skid marks suggest a lot of folks land a little further down.

Looks like fun!

(I kind of doubt there were passengers on board- I think they might not have appreciated the display of airmanship, and if it were a war-zone descent like Peter described, I think the cockpit mood would be different)
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Gabriel, How's your Russian?

LFMN/NCE, windy day with windshear in short final 22L . This Antonov 124 performs an amazing"aircraft carrier" landing with a lot of smoke . Note the pitch a...

Stabilized?

Da? Nyet?

Comment

Working...
          X