Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the feedback Brenden.
    Did you mean CCW with the Etihad? I can see a slight lean in the tower but to me it appears to lean right.
    Yeah I got posted to Richmond on C130s (Avionics) about 4 years ago after about 2 years in Wagga.
    I stopped uploading a fair while ago because of time and also I got disgruntled with my rejected photos and felt I just couldn't get it right anymore. Anyway since moving to Sydney 4 years ago I've been able to spend more time at YSSY and have finally begun uploading again with a different approach to my images. I'm loving the new angles I've discovered at YSSY that for 10 or so years I never knew existed.

Anyway thanks again mate.
    Talk soon.

Matt

Comment

• Hey Matt, yes the Etihad needs CCW rotation. The histogram in both images shows a lack of highlights. In Lightroom, simply move the exposure slider to the right.

The sharpening looks ok to me in both images.

Comment

• Thanks for your input Hans, greatly appreciated. This is not the final version, it's just a quick edition, so in terms of quality I'm not too worried, but I'm afraid about the motive. I'll wait also for another screener's opinion just in case.

Once again, thanks for your input!

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post

Ahoy fokker, All 4 photos look good to me. Please use the correct categories when uploading

Good night everyone
          Ok thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by B2Spirit

Can you tell me what you want adjusting so it can be accepted?
            Please do not use this thread to ask for a pre-screen of photos that are already in the queue. Thank you.

Pamela

Comment

• Originally posted by B2Spirit
              is it not the pre screening forum???
              how else am I gonna show u the pic?
              where else should I ask?

there isn't any details on the headline of the forum
              The easiest way is to upload the photo to any photo hosting site, for example imageshack, and then post it here. Once the photo is in the queue, it will be screened when its time has come.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• It is seen as unfair towards other uploaders to post a photo from the queue in the preview forum and it cloggs the queue. The correct way is to FIRST post it on another site and ask for a prescreening and THEN upload it to the queue. As your photo is still in the queue, it will be screened when its time has come.
                Last edited by LX-A343; 2013-05-19, 21:47. Reason: typo

Comment

• Found these photos that turned out decent from my trip about a year ago. Did some modest editing, will any of them pass the cut?

Thanks

Jerry
                  Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

• 1 needs ccw, All 3 are oversharpened and also show a lot of noise. Fix that up and they will be fine. The first two will be classed as similar too.

Comment

• pre-screening pls

Hi guys,
                      This is one of my fav shots I think for this year so far...

IMG_8948.E190.Rainbow.1600H by JaffaPix, on Flickr

I know its not a hot photo, I don't know which reg, and I checked the night category
                      Many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenden S View Post
                        1 needs ccw, All 3 are oversharpened and also show a lot of noise. Fix that up and they will be fine. The first two will be classed as similar too.
                        Thanks Brenden, I'll see what I can do.

Jerry
                        Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by B2Spirit View Post

I know its not a hot photo, I don't know which reg, and I checked the night category
                          Wasn't the a/c on Flightradar? History goes back some weeks, so you can try to look up the a/c and it's regi.

I have been looking at the image several times and every time I think is is not balanced. The a/c is too high in the frame, there is no trail, which means the main focus is on the rainbow, and not the aircraft. Try a crop with the a/c in the middle of the frame.

Comment

• This photo was previously rejected due to oversharpen and horizon unlevel.

This time I sharpened less and made some cw rotation, is it ok now? Are there other problems?

Thanks!

Comment

• In my opinion the contrast is a bit harsh. The shadows are almost black with no details. This should be easy to fix by adjusting curves.

Comment

• Hi Screeners,

Would like some feedback on these shots, are they okay?

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X