Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip Report: Los Angeles - Amsterdam on KLM (Boeing 747-400)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report: Los Angeles - Amsterdam on KLM (Boeing 747-400)

Airline: KLM - Royal Dutch Airlines
    Flight: 602
    Aircraft: Boeing 747-406
    Departure Airport: Los Angeles-International (LAX), USA
    Arrival Airport: Amsterdam-Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands
    Seat: 53A (Economy)

Arrived at the airport 4 hs prior to the scheduled departure. Check-in at LAX became a long and boring deal. As it was too early to check-in all passengers we asked to go to the working AF counters, but the staff there worked very slow. We had to wait in the AF line for about 40 minutes, before they opened a few KLM counters and some pax moved there. At baggage drop off, they forgot to attach a transfer tag to my bag. If that was not KLM but some other airline, that could have been quite critical.
    Proceeded to the security check. It was excellent and as fast as passport control. One of the officers had a mike and acted like a DJ announcing in a funny manner what everybody should do to pass the check quicker. The other officers were helping passengers. The process was very smooth.
    Duty free was small and way overpriced, but alcohol was much cheaper than in Russia. Food court at the airport included expensive cafes, bars and Panda Express.

MyAviation.net:
    Click here for bigger photo!
    Photographer © Dmitriy D. Kuzin

MyAviation.net:

MyAviation.net:

Boarding was quick. On board they offered free newspapers, pillows, blankets, earphones, good enterainment system, alcohol and 2 meals - dinner and breakfast. The crew offered good service, but definitely nothing special. Legroom was typical for the airline and the aircraft type, but I wouldn't mind just a bit more space.

MyAviation.net:

MyAviation.net:

On board catering was really tasty and satisfying with excellent choice of drinks.

MyAviation.net:

MyAviation.net:

The highlight of the trip was punctuality. We were on time when flew to LA. We arrived earlier when we flew back to Amsterdam. Bags travelled safe. I would recommend KLM on long-haul flights.

MyAviation.net:

MyAviation.net:

A few words about transfer at AMS.
    I didn't like anything about my layover in AMS. Moreover the terminals were under construction. At night it was chilly inside because of A/Cs working all the way. Crowdy everywhere. Cars carrying disabled and seniors go very fast and almost run over people walking on foot making them step aside all the time. Not many seating areas. Security checks should be passed right by the boarding gate. Add weird navigation to that and you will get a bad airport for a long stop-over.

MyAviation.net:

Air crashes don't just happen... www.aircrash.ucoz.net
Working...
X