United Express off runway at Ottawa airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
    Now here this, the woman I met and who saw the crash got told to remove her Airport Watch banner on her car because she told too much. http://www.ottawacitizen.com/mobile/...859/story.html
    Well - rules are rules and she should have known the rules under which the airport watch group is operating. Given the fact that most journalists don't have the slightest idea about aviation, I can understand why the Ottawa airport authority wishes to put out information themselves, so they first of all know what has been said and then can see what the media turns it into.

Originally posted by georgel View Post
    American world's democracy and freedom of speech. Same shit everywhere...
    Well - this was in Canada and Canadians normally don't like being called Americans. But may I ask wehre you come from, georgel?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      Well - this was in Canada and Canadians normally don't like being called Americans. But may I ask wehre you come from, georgel?
      And what continent is Canada on? Thanks for assumption I am ignorant of geography. To partially satisfy your writer's curiosity: I am from Europe. And today I fly to Germany

Comment

And what continent is Canada on? Thanks for assumption I am ignorant of geography. To partially satisfy your writer's curiosity: I am from Europe. And today I fly to Germany
        Well - even if it comes to values and heritage, there is a big difference between Canada and the US and phrases like "American world's democracy and freedom of speech" are normally used in a US American context. I definitely don't encourage America-bashing but I would think that Canada has a set of values and heritage more closely to the European understanding. After all, democracy and freedom of speech are also very important to us in the European Union.
        Maybe I am misreading you there - but I guess you wanted to criticize the whole western world not just the two countries on the North American continent.

Comment

Thanks for playing "Manifest Destiny".

I'm sure a Monroe descendant will drop you a nice thank you note. [/derail]

Comment

I had this whole conversation with Canadians some time in the 90's. Yeh, we're "all Americans", but the word has been hijacked for USA residents, so to made it clear that Canada is NOT part of the USA, they said they prefer not to be called Americans. And also, it is not, to my knowledge anyway, called the United Provinces of America or anything like that. America is nowhere in the name. Same with Mexico. Probably we're called Americans because what else would there be? USAns? USers? Uniited Stateans? Our country doesn't lend itself to anything much but Americans. Too bad. We DID have a chance to grab the name Columbia first and passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
              Hmmmm - does anybody know why TransStates did not equip their ERJs with reversers?
              No, but I read some not-so-positive comments about TSA from time to time.

That being said- it's just the same old Regional issue where the economic pressure is fairly intense.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

The TSB is expected to release the aircraft & work should begin on it this week.

Or so a little birdie told me

Comment

Where did you find this information? And are you saying they havent even started repairs on it!?!?! I thought it was done!
                  Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Not revealing my source! don't want anyone in trouble, but they should have removed some additional items that the TSB wanted yesterday and repairs are set to begin this week.

It's still sitting in a hangar at YOW airport.

Comment

I see. Too bad no linky. I'll go spotting to Ottawa next week probably, and if the hanger opens, i'll probably see it because it's very close to the fence.
                      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Working...
                      X