British Airways Full flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Airways Full flights

I'm due to go to Naples on 8th April 2013 on a school trip; just had a look at BA2610 on that day which we're flying on and the economy class is now obviously full with "not available." Now given the flight is full, two questions. Firstly I assume that the business class section will now have to be used as well to take the full economy class area. Secondly would the aircraft be upgraded from a 737-400 to a a320 or 757 from Titan? It seems that demand is high to get out of the weather, and it seems like loss revenue to turn people away saying the flight is full. SO would a 757 be hired in potentially or an a320? (162 seats). When coming back from Rome on BA557, a seat in economy is now costing 776 euros! I will assume this flight is nearly full and as its' an a319, would the flight get upgraded to an a321 or a320 again? Over the last week or so its' been all a320s on the BA557, not a319s.

I'm no expert, but I would imagine that with full flights, there's no real incentive to drop prices at all. As for business class, they may upgrade loyalty members based on ranking, but they'd otherwise probably have no problem selling those seats as full fare business class seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerlingusneo View Post
      ..............Secondly would the aircraft be upgraded from a 737-400 to a a320 or 757 from Titan? ..............
      Probably not - aircraft are assigned to routes based on historical demand - and that plane is then used for a subsequent route(s). That aircraft may be full on your flight but not on its subsequent flight.

Comment

That's true; thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X