USAirways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAirways?

At one time I kept hearing that US Airways was going under by this time.

Looks like they are here to stay?

I am flying in February from HSV-FRA. Would that be a safe time to fly them or could they go out of business at any moment?

Any comments??
    IRAN AIR 747SP rules!!!

It's still up in the air. I could be this weekend, and hopefully never, but only time will tell.

Comment

Most likely they will be around. If not, Star Alliance partners should honor your tickets.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

All I can say is the more people who buy tickets the longer they will stay. That means

BUY SOME G-D D&^N TICKETS!!!!

Comment

the entire airline industry will colapse with this continued over capacity. I say take the old, sick dog out back and shoot it.
          THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
          Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
          George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Just fly them for Pete sake. Im still booking full force on them, they can take every last red cent I have. I have true loyalty there . Worst comes to Worst.... youll fly on UAL or another SA carrier.
            Ryan Davis
            Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
            www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by iranair
              At one time I kept hearing that US Airways was going under by this time.

Looks like they are here to stay?

I am flying in February from HSV-FRA. Would that be a safe time to fly them or could they go out of business at any moment?

Any comments??
              You should be safe. They are almost certainly good at least through the end of June -- deals have been reached with the parties that matter. Oh, and CLT is a very nice airport and easy to connect through.

MPL

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                Just fly them for Pete sake. Im still booking full force on them, they can take every last red cent I have. I have true loyalty there . Worst comes to Worst.... youll fly on UAL or another SA carrier.
                No your not, last airline you booked and actually paid regular fare was to NW.

LIAR LMFAO

Comment

I won't spend the money to fly an airline where no employees are happy about their situation. Fly a real major airline. Continental, American, United, Northwest. Or even better, if you are going to europe, fly a european carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                    No your not, last airline you booked and actually paid regular fare was to NW.

LIAR LMFAO
                    Yeah I had to fly Ghetto NDub to the middle of no where...
                    Ryan Davis
                    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

I won't spend the money to fly an airline where no employees are happy about their situation. Fly a real major airline. Continental, American, United, Northwest. Or even better, if you are going to europe, fly a european carrier.

How would you know anything about the morale at any major airline? I'm guessing from what you read in the papers, which is slanted to say the least.

Your statement is one of the most rediculous things I've ever read....
                      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Well not to push you but US has some of the best Trans-atlantic service ever!!! If you fly through PHL you will get to ride the A330 wich has the best entertainment system ever. US short-haul maybe doing bad but US long-haul is great!!

We had a thread about US Long Haul some where not to long ago. I'll try to find it.

Comment

USAirways?

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                          Well not to push you but US has some of the best Trans-atlantic service ever!!!
                          Go tell that to carriers like BA, AF, LH, KL, VS, BD, SN(RIP) and SR(RIP) (in a way EK too)
                          If you fly through PHL you will get to ride the A330 wich has the best entertainment system ever.
                          Obviously you have never flown with a 777 of any airline.

-Colin

Comment

I've considered booking on US Airways for my trip to LAS in April, but the only things stopping me are 1.) The flight times. The flight to LAS from ATL (via CLT) is a time I'm looking at; the return flight is a red eye, and I don't want a red eye. If I wanted to return at the time period I want, the cost goes up to more than several airlines. They're offering some better fares to LAS via CLT or PHL than AirTran and Delta are offering nonstop. 2.) The still uncertain future of the airline. While some deals with employee groups are done, what's to stop the rampers at PHL or CLT from doing a walkout? A repeat of the Christmas debacle @ PHL could kill the airline, as more customers would bolt from the airline, and so would any potential investors in the airline. US Airways is barely able to pay the leases on their a/c, so what happens if one of their lessors decides to repo some US Airways a/c that they own? It could snowball, as other lessors might decide to do the same, leading to flight cancellations that could potentially kill the airline, especially if a significant number of leased a/c were to be repossessed.

Comment

Well not to push you but US has some of the best Trans-atlantic service ever!!! If you fly through PHL you will get to ride the A330 wich has the best entertainment system ever. US short-haul maybe doing bad but US long-haul is great!!

We had a thread about US Long Haul some where not to long ago. I'll try to find it.
                              US trans-atlantic is good if you're on an A330. The 767s aren't too great.
                              Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                              ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Working...
                              X