Malaysia T7 down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
    a) Military conversations wouldn't be on civilian ATC tapes.

b) Can a Su-25 intercept a highflying civilian aircraft with a radar-guided missile? As far as I know the Su-25 is a ground-attack fighter, similar in specs to the A-10, and would fly slower and lower than a 777.

I was being sarcastic. But no, I don't think the Su-25 can reach FL330, at least not easily.

On a serious note, what are the chance to be able to target a 777 with an IR missile, especially from the front. Would those high bypass engines make it more difficult? Not that I believe it could have been the Su-25, just curious.

Comment

• Jpmkam,

Looks like 30mm bullet holes to me in your picture.

Im not buying Surface to Air.

Comment

What do you think would be on these tapes that isn't on the MH17 CVR?
        I don't know what's on them, that's the point. For sure the CVR would not have a record of phone calls made between various ATC centers, which may, or may not be important to the investigation. It is a part of evidence, which should not be ignored in the early stage of the investigation. I asked a simple question, which would require a simple reply. Instead I got a reply from a bunch of smart arses attacking me for simply asking it. I did not know that Ukrainian Fascists have so much support on this site. And why send an armed commando to retrieve them?
        Last edited by Peter_K; 2014-08-03, 18:56. Reason: expanding

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
          So we have the Kiev junta fighting Russian-speaking Ukrainians in Eastern Ukraine.......or more like Russian-speaking Russians from Russia.
          it's always good to read up on some history. Did you know that Kiev for centuries was a Russian city?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
            it's always good to read up on some history. Did you know that Kiev for centuries was a Russian city?

And for some time so was Warsaw. And the western part of Poland was Germany, the Eastern one was Prussia, and Belarus and Western Prussia were Eastern Poland. And Istanbul was once called Constantinople and it was a Greek Byzantine city.

Your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
              I did not know that Ukrainian Fascists have so much support on this site
              Listen, "smart arse". Just because I don't support Putin's propaganda, it doesn't mean you can call me a "fascist supporter".

First, "fascist" is what Russians call anyone who does not support their blatant lies. There were no fascist in Ukraine. There was a corrupt president who decided to bowl down to Putin and then ran away to Russia, where he referred to his own country in third person - "Ukraine is our strategic partner" - do you want a link?
              Let me also remind you the first people to die in the Ukraine crisis after the Maidan were peaceful Ukrainians, protesting in favor of Ukraine's territorial integrity (to which Russia is a cosignatory). Who's the fascist?

So if you're going to spread Putin's crap here, you better stay clear of me, because I am more than adequately informed of what is going on. Igor Strelkov - Russian, from Moscow, complaining there are not enough supporters for his cause. What the fuck is he doing in a sovereign state setting up a civil war?

By the way, Putin is a moron (or a CIA agent ). Just look at his friends - North Korea, Iran, Venezuela. He managed to piss off some pretty neutral countries, like Sweden, and now Holland. Again, watch Holland's reaction to this, as well as Australia's and Malaysia's as well.

Comment

• MODERATION HAT ON.....

Peter_K

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Black Ram
                So we have the Kiev junta fighting Russian-speaking Ukrainians in Eastern Ukraine.......or more like Russian-speaking Russians from Russia.

Today, 09:47 PM #380
                Black Ram

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Peter_K

And for some time so was Warsaw. And the western part of Poland was Germany, the Eastern one was Prussia, and Belarus and Western Prussia were Eastern Poland. And Istanbul was once called Constantinople and it was a Greek Byzantine city.

Your point?

.........None of which has any relevance to the topic ! Put the toys back in the box please and play nicely.

MODERATION HAT OFF.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
                  There were no fascist in Ukraine.
                  [quote]he All-Ukrainian Union "Svoboda. The party was founded in 1991 as the Social-National Party of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Соціал-національна партія України) and acts as a populist proponent of nationalism and anti-communism. It is positioned on the right of the Ukrainian political spectrum,[2][10][11][12] and some scholars classify them as far right.[4][13][14][15] Scholars and journalists disagree over Svoboda's politics, some stating members of Svoboda are fascistic or anti-semitic. Svoboda also pushed neo-Nazi and other radical groups out the party,[108] distancing itself from its neofascist past while retaining the support of extreme nationalists.

Right Sector (Pravy/Pravyy Sektor) is a Ukrainian nationalist political party that originated in November 2013 as a paramilitary confederation at the Euromaidan protests in Kiev, where it provided logistical support and tactical leadership.[1] Founding groups included Trident (Tryzub), led by Dmytro Yarosh and Andriy Tarasenko; and the Ukrainian National Assembly – Ukrainian National Self-Defense (UNA–UNSO), a political/paramilitary organization.[2][3][4] Other founding groups included Patriot of Ukraine,[4] the Social-National Assembly, Carpathian Sich, and White Hammer. Hammer was expelled in March 2014.[5] Academic and media sources describe some of Right Sector's constituent groups as neo-fascist

Comment

• And Russia has the "nashism" (нашизм) movement.

I really don't see how Ukraine can be ruled by a "fascist junta" when there is a law that allows any ethnic group that comprises 10% of a given region to have its own official language. It's a very recent law (2012) that was obviously passed for political (instability) reasons. It was a law that the provisional Kiev government tried to repeal, causing an uproar on pro-Russian media. Little attention is given to the fact their attempt was stopped by the provisional president...

Now, do you want to talk about the Tatars and how they were expelled from the Crimea?

Anyway, as this is only sort-of relevant, and I don't want to piss off anyone, I would just ask you this - do you think the "junta" can shoot down an airliner in a war zone right next to the Russian border (and actively supported by the Putin regime), and mighty Russia will not have any evidence they can present?

Comment

• If the Russians fighting in Eastern Ukraine had nothing to hide, they would have granted international investigators full access to the crash site from day one.

"Kiev junta"? Really? This is taken straight from the Russia Today propaganda tube.

Comment

• Looks like it's getting time for me to unsubscribe from this thread. There is nothing more to discuss. Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down accidentally by a surface-to-air missile. Those responsible have not yet figured out for themselves who is going down for that. The aviation industry is reconsidering its practice of flying over war zones at high altitude.

Comment

Looks like it's getting time for me to unsubscribe from this thread. There is nothing more to discuss. Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down accidentally by a surface-to-air missile. Those responsible have not yet figured out for themselves who is going down for that. The aviation industry is reconsidering its practice of flying over war zones at high altitude.
                          Exactly. The only 'aviation safety' recommendation I can see here is 'don't overfly war zones where any combatant MIGHT have medium-range AA defenses'. There's nothing else to learn or discuss and I'm sure the investigation and flight recorders will reveal nothing of value beyond that realization.

Comment

• This link will take you to a list of all those lost. May they rest in peace in the certain knowledge that the world will not forget them.....

Last edited by brianw999; 2014-08-24, 22:05.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
                              A awful tweet of one of the Dutch passengers:

I have been away for several weeks and not following this thread for awhile, so sorry if this has been posted, but if not:

Look at the landing gear, doesn't that write "MRC"??! (MH17 was MRD)

Comment

• I don't know if this one is real or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. I can see myself making a joke like that. It reminds me to the accident when one pilot said to the other "Say 'I love you' for the CVR in case we crash" (or something to that effect), and they did crash.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                                X