Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten dead, including French sporting stars, in helicopter crash in Argentina

Aviation disaster in Argentina

Ten dead, including French sporting stars, in helicopter crash in Argentina.

Olympic gold medalist swimmer Camille Muffat and Olympic boxer Alexis Vastine among those killed as reality TV show filming ends in disaster.

A group of French sports stars participating in a reality TV show were among 10 people killed Monday when their helicopters collided in mid-air while filming in northwestern Argentina.
    Champion sailor Florence Arthaud, Olympic gold medalist swimmer Camille Muffat and Olympic boxer Alexis Vastine were among those killed when two helicopters filming the survival series “Dropped” crashed into each other in the rugged mountains of La Rioja province, local officials said.
    “Apparently, the two helicopters collided as they were filming. There are no survivors,” provincial spokesman Horacio Alarcon told AFP.
    He said the weather conditions were good and the cause of the crash was unknown.
    Argentine media showed the wreckage of the two helicopters in flames on the dry scrubland.
    Olympic gold medallist swimmer Camille Muffat and Olympic boxer Alexis Vastine among those killed as reality TV show filming ends in disaster

Also read here:
    Three French sports personalities are among 10 killed in a helicopter crash in Argentina during the filming of TV show Dropped, officials confirm.

Very sad.
    RIP.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Looks like the helo closest to the camera turned into the path of the other one.

Comment

That would be his blind spot I think so that makes sense. The other fellow was just enough ahead where he could not see it coming.
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

An awful tragedy. May they Rest in Peace.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Well I guess we know what happened. Visual separation was not maintained. So sad, that olympic swimmer was only 25 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
              Well I guess we know what happened. Visual separation was not maintained. So sad, that olympic swimmer was only 25 years old.
              It does seem that way. I don't think the lead pilot could have visual contact with the following one in the final moments of that video. I wonder if this was some sort of orchestrated camera-sequence thing.

Comment

Working...
              X