AA/US merger looks to be moving fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what Im reading in all the journals

is that this merger is more of a last chance wet dream by the CEO of US to save the airline he is running into the ground. The People of AA dont seem to hip on this whole thing.

Comment

Haha! love it.

flame on if you wish, but if aa wasn't shackled with its super high labor costs, i think it would be a profitable concern. like all the legacy carriers BEFORE it, aa is probably only in chapter 11 to shed employees, and crappy union contracts.

funny that an airline that went through chapter 11 twice in two years is considering buying aa.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        Haha! love it.

flame on if you wish, but if aa wasn't shackled with its super high labor costs, i think it would be a profitable concern. like all the legacy carriers BEFORE it, aa is probably only in chapter 11 to shed employees, and crappy union contracts.

funny that an airline that went through chapter 11 twice in two years is considering buying aa.
        Which is exactly why, if I were an AA employee, I would consider that merging with U.S. would be worse than dealing with AA management. To be fair, things aren't rosy at AA, and have not been for some time. But, I often wonder why AA employees don't meet with US employees (without unions, without management) to see how the grass is certainly not greener on the other side...
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

probably because where unions are entrenched, the common folk get brainwashed and all scared about doing things on their own. i saw it when i was a union delegate many years ago. people couldn't take a crap without asking me...as if i had any answers as to which bowl or paper to use!

Comment

This is what I have heard from some of the upper management at US. If the merger happens then we will no longer be part of Star Alliance. We have been the "Bastard child" when we joined with them . I believe that we will become part of the OW. As for the merger and its employees. Since I work for US AIrways and I am within 25 guys from the low man on the pole. I just hope that they dont start cutting our staff. I jhope they offer a retirement package that the AA and our guys cant refuge. From what I have heard that the unions have a thought of

15trs of service
            45 yrs old or older
            $22,000 retirement plus flight benefits.

We wil have to see.

Comment

Working...
            X