Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spotting at TPA/KTPA (Tampa) and or PIE/KPIE (St. Petersburg Clearwater)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting at TPA/KTPA (Tampa) and or PIE/KPIE (St. Petersburg Clearwater)

Hi everybody,

I will be in Tampa, Florida between 28th of July and 11th of august. I would love to do some planespotting there. I would really appreciate any information about spotting at TPA/KTPA (Tampa) and or PIE/KPIE (St. Petersburg Clearwater). Some questions for example: is it worthwhile to rent a car for a day? And which of the runways is better for approach shots? What about security situation, equipment needed etc.
    Maybe one of the locals would even enjoy a few hours at the fence with me. Please respond to this thread or send an email to: [email protected]
    Thanks in advance for all your help and support.
    Cheers,

Nito

Better be in stone age than in no age

Originally posted by Nito View Post
    Hi everybody,

I will be in Tampa, Florida between 28th of July and 11th of august. I would love to do some planespotting there. I would really appreciate any information about spotting at TPA/KTPA (Tampa) and or PIE/KPIE (St. Petersburg Clearwater). Some questions for example: is it worthwhile to rent a car for a day? And which of the runways is better for approach shots? What about security situation, equipment needed etc.
    Maybe one of the locals would even enjoy a few hours at the fence with me. Please respond to this thread or send an email to: [email protected]
    Thanks in advance for all your help and support.
    Cheers,

Nito
    Hi !!! I've been just a couple of times @ KTPA and I spotted from the parking lot, from there you have plenty of sight to both runways but one will be backlight during the morning and the other in the afternoon. No problems with security so far. Enjoy your trip. http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....2|||3|||||||||

Cheers
    Angel Natal

Pd. The SeaRanger shot is from the perimeter road.

Comment

Thank you Angel

Btw Angel where is the parking-lot, it's at the south (entrance) or north side of the airport. I believe it's between the to runways, isn't?
      Or parking garage located adjacent to the main terminal building?

I'll be much obliged to you.

Cheers
      Last edited by Nito; 2015-07-23, 19:16.

Better be in stone age than in no age

Comment

Working...
      X