• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    pierpp

Your theory has credence...
    B.B.
    Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
      Seriously?
      As mentioned it isnt "my" theory, i copied it and pasted it from a link I saw on a friends Facebook wall....I just wanted you guys (the experts) opinions??

Comment

• Originally posted by pierpp View Post
        As mentioned it isnt "my" theory, i copied it and pasted it from a link I saw on a friends Facebook wall....I just wanted you guys (the experts) opinions??
        Regardless of whose theory it is, I was surprised resident expert BB thought it had credence.

By the way, I'm not an expert, nor do I pretend to be.

Comment

• Are there any points to make for this scenario: http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68
          The flight "hiding" and flying along with Singapore Airlines flight 68 (also a 777)? The route of the latter bringing it over the areas that were confirmed 'sightings' for MH370.

Comment

Guys, I visited the link and copied and pasted it, incase some readers couldnt access the link for whatever reason. As mentioned I am no pilot nor do I work in aviation, nor claim to be an expert in this field. I merely take a huge interest and visit this forum often. But like many people I have ideas and opinions as to what happened. One of them is that the ELT was still faulty, caused a mid flight fire and that ties up with the post I copied, and my other theory is an attempted hijack that turned off course, and then shot down by the military of one of the 6 or 7 countries it supposedly flew over, and no responsibility has been admitted for political reasons.....just saying....
            pierpp - in that case, here's a little HTML advice. When you quote something, put the word "quote" in square brackets [ quote] (without the space). This will signal the computer that you want it to be marked as a
            To end the quote, use [ /quote] again without the space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
              Seriously?

Said tongue in cheek! You think that a fighter can launch a missile ANYWHERE on the face of this planet WITHOUT the US satellites seeing it?

Comment

I have seen this posted on Facebook with a link to google where a guy called Chris Goodfellow has commented: Your views?

MH370 A different point of view. Pulau Langkawi 13,000 runway. (...)

Smart pilot. Just didn't have the time.

https://plus.google.com/106271056358...ts/GoeVjHJaGBz

Here are my thoughts about that scenario. There was no need to go to Langkawi. There is a 6,500ft runway at Kota Bahru. A lot closer to where MH370 disappeared. Now 6,500ft might get ugly for a heavy 777 in distress, but if Swissair 111 taught us one thing is that if there's fire, you get on the ground FAST!

There's one thing more that irks me when reading stuff here reposted from the internet. Most of the info from the internet has all those many little mistakes and inconsistencies that make me question the background and expertise of the guy who posted it in the first place (not the one who put it on here at jetphotos.net). Here's what makes me wonder after reading the link posted by pierpp:

a) The runway available much closer to the point of disappearance (see above) is not mentioned.

b) Langkawi airport only has 12,500ft of runway (just a minor discrepancy, but why didn't whoever posted it take a quick check on the internet about that?)

c) The landing gear fire on takeoff happened to a Canadian DC-8 of charter carrier Nationair operating on behalf of Nigeria Airways in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

d) Swissair 111 off Nova Scotia in 1998 was an MD-11 and not a DC-10.

e) Air Canada 797 caught fire while in the air and landed at Cincinnati (not Columbus).
                Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2014-03-18, 14:46.

Comment

I have seen this posted on Facebook with a link to google where a guy called Chris Goodfellow has commented: Your views?
                  An experienced line pilot wrote that?

Forget about no smoke detection in the avionics bay after 40 minutes of flight. Concentrate on his flawed understanding of the bus architecture:

You might shed (or lose) main busses in a fire but you don't lose all coms. As a last resort you shed the essential bus but you don't lose all coms. You shut down all generators and you still don't lose all coms. As long as the hot bus (battery) is functional you have basic coms. If the battery goes and all you have is the RAT in the wind you still have coms.

Even the most catastrophic fires take time to propagate to complete bus failure. Even Swissair 111 had coms until the end.

There was no intelligible or unintelligible radio distress call here.

Until we can explain the radio silence we don't have a theory. This theory does not explain that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                    Here are my thoughts about that scenario. There was no need to go to Langkawi. There is a 6,500ft runway at Kota Bahru. A lot closer to where MH370 disappeared. Now 6,500ft might get ugly for a heavy 777 in distress, but if Swissair 111 taught us one thing is that if there's fire, you get on the ground FAST!

There's one thing more that irks me when reading stuff here reposted from the internet. Most of the info from the internet has all those many little mistakes and inconsistencies that make me question the background and expertise of the guy who posted it in the first place (not the one who put it on here at jetphotos.net). Here's what makes me wonder after reading the link posted by pierpp:

a) The runway available much closer to the point of disappearance (see above) is not mentioned.

b) Langkawi airport only has 12,500ft of runway (just a minor discrepancy, but why didn't whoever posted it take a quick check on the internet about that?)

c) The landing gear fire on takeoff happened to a Canadian DC-8 of charter carrier Nationair operating on behalf of Nigeria Airways in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

d) Swissair 111 off Nova Scotia in 1998 was an MD-11 and not a DC-10.

e) Air Canada 797 caught fire while in the air and landed at Cincinnati (not Columbus).
                    All true! And you are spot on!!!

Comment

• And now Courtney love says she found it....

AD.com apocalypse survivor. 727 Fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                        pierpp - in that case, here's a little HTML advice. When you quote something, put the word "quote" in square brackets [ quote] (without the space). This will signal the computer that you want it to be marked as a To end the quote, use [ /quote] again without the space.
                        Ok, noted, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpeters View Post
                          And now Courtney love says she found it....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/p...plane/6556383/
                          With respects to Courtney, reports published about 40 minutes ago that numerous fishermen and people in several Maldives Islands saw a low-flying jet, painted white with red markings around 6:15 am on March 8th. Maldives is in line with one of the paths US official cited days ago and sent he USS Kidd into the area south of India, and supposedly the timing of the sighting would be consistent with where MH370 could have been.

Who knows? Only single fact that exists is the airplane is missing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueMax View Post
                            With respects to Courtney, reports published about 40 minutes ago that numerous fishermen and people in several Maldives Islands saw a low-flying jet, painted white with red markings around 6:15 am on March 8th. Maldives is in line with one of the paths US official cited days ago and sent he USS Kidd into the area south of India, and supposedly the timing of the sighting would be consistent with where MH370 could have been.

Who knows? Only single fact that exists is the airplane is missing.
                            Have you got a link to these reports? Where were they published? Thanks

Comment

• As the search for Malaysia Airlines missing Boeing 777 enters its 11th day, aviation experts look at some of the theories circulating about the plane's fate.

Comment

Have you got a link to these reports? Where were they published? Thanks
                                Several sources and more now following up:

Comment

Working...
                                X