No announcement yet.

Skydiver violated any regulation here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skydiver violated any regulation here?

take a look at this crazy incident here:
    A Cessna collided with a parachute at a small airport in Polk County, Florida, on Saturday, but nobody was seriously injured.
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

You got a pilots license, right?

Wanna review the rules of right-of-way?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I don't know about the USA but here in the UK my local GA airfield suspends aircraft landings when parachutists are at or below circuit height. I believe that they might add a small margin as well.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I don't know about the USA but here in the UK my local GA airfield suspends aircraft landings when parachutists are at or below circuit height. I believe that they might add a small margin as well.
        Several right-of-way rules in play here:

1. The more maneuverable aircraft should give way.
        2. The aircraft taking off should give way to the landing one.
        3. Powered aircraft should give way to non-powered aircraft.

So, by the book, the airplane guy is at fault.

Now, all that being said- could the pilot reasonably have seen the guy and should there be other safety precautions in place (like you describe above as well as don't land your parachute right on the runway)...

...valid considerations.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          don't land your parachute right on the runway
          It was not he case here, but parachutes are not required to be controllable. For that reason parachutes ALWAYS have right of way over any other controllable thing.

In Argentina parachute jump zones are either restricted zones or in controlled airspace, so in either case aircraft are required to be in contact with ATC.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            It was not he case here, but parachutes are not required to be controllable. For that reason parachutes ALWAYS have right of way over any other controllable thing.
            However, the guy in the parachute should remember that the aircraft has the right of weight and that a lot of windows face mostly lateral.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              right of weight
              LOL. Very true. "Size matters" and "mine is bigger", right?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
              X