SAS to start SVG-IAH-SVG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAS to start SVG-IAH-SVG

Nonstop service between Stavanger and Houston. I guess it makes sense from a business perspective since both cities are big oil centers. Interesting choice of aircraft however and with only 44 business-class seats.

Source: PR Newswire

I guess you can add this to the "Top-5" longest scheduled commercial 737 services.

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
    Nonstop service between Stavanger and Houston. I guess it makes sense from a business perspective since both cities are big oil centers. Interesting choice of aircraft however and with only 44 business-class seats.

Source: [ulr=http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scandinavian-airlines-announces-houston-flight-253236841.html]PR Newswire[/url]

I guess you can add this to the "Top-5" longest scheduled commercial 737 services.

KLM ran an all-business flight from Amsterdam to Houston for sometime, utilizing a Privatair BBJ (737-700). Which sector is longer - AMS-IAH or SVG-IAH?

Comment

The flight has been block-timed at 10hr. 45 min. SVG-IAH and 9hr. 45min IAH-SVG. I would imagine it took slightly shorter on the IAH-AMS-IAH flights.

Comment

I might give it a try next month, although I'm not a SAS-fan. I'll let you know the result.
        Per

Duh, tried to book a flight, but they don't start until August. Note to self, click on links.
        Last edited by TheRealAncientMarine; 2014-04-02, 11:00. Reason: Stupidity, laziness...take your pick.
        Ancient Mariner
        Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Basically SK starting IAH, from where is secondary, title makes it seem like a new routing not a new destination.

Comment

Working...
          X