• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone Hits SW Plane on Takeoff

These people are very lucky the drone only tore off part of the winglet

Originally posted by BlueMax View Post
    These people are very lucky the drone only tore off part of the winglet

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac3_1435080329
    Someone needs to go to jail. For life. For 200 instances of murder attempts.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

It seems to be a fake video...

Comment

My apologies if fake. I did a frame by frame first and there is a drone that appears and then passes through. Also the winglet breaking apart is really good for a fake.

There have been numerous close calls and only a matter of time before real contact occurs unfortunately.

Comment

Regardless the autenticity, this is an interesting topic

Comment

Drone hits plane? on Takeoff

Look at the winglet before the drone hits it. It does not say, "Southwest.com" like a Southwest winglet does. It says, "Branit.com" the url for the special effects company that made this.

Comment

Well, then nobody needs to go to jail for this

On the contrary, I hope it goes very viral and creates awareness.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Not a badly done video. However, it's only a matter of time until it happens for real. People with these drones (or as we called them as kids, remote/radio controlled airplanes) seem to go completely stupid as soon as they turn it on.

Comment

Trouble is, posting a video like this gives the morons of this world ideas.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

A major problem is that people who buy drones and lasers have no idea of the law.

I came across an astronomy class recently under a landing flight path. The teacher had zero idea that using a laser to point out stars might be illegal.

I met a sports photographer who did not know he needed FAA approval to use his drone for commercial purposes.

Comment

Working...
                    X