Military question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military question......

Hey, a Franklin Institute guy came to our school today and talked about robots.He also metioned something that the military was making an ecoskeleton suit or something that lets soliders run 2 times as fast and carry 4 times as much as the average human.Does anyone know that this is true,and if it is,tell me what the project is called??
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Like the ones from the movie Avatar? :P

Comment

hmmmm, He was a tad out of line telling you guys about that project. To be honest, I don't think you're going to find out too much about it from there on .

---Classified---

Comment

Berkeley Bionics™, designs and manufactures lower extremity exoskeletons to augment human strength and endurance during locomotion. Berkeley Bionics exoskel...

A look at the Raytheon Sarcos exoskeleton, including an interview with software engineer Rex Jameson.

For more entertainment type "Big Dog" into the Youtube search engine.

Comment

Why would anything like that be of interest on an aviation website?

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdK2y3lphmE

A look at the Raytheon Sarcos exoskeleton, including an interview with software engineer Rex Jameson.

For more entertainment type "Big Dog" into the Youtube search engine.
            That was the best answer
            Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
            Why would anything like that be of interest on an aviation website?
            maybe because the forum is called Military and Space forum......

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
              maybe because the forum is called Military and Space forum......
              EXCUSE ME? Please read the forum title above: "Military AVIATION & Space Forum"...

Comment

EXCUSE ME? Please read the forum title above: "Military AVIATION & Space Forum"...
                fine but this is still fine for this forum it wouldnt fit in in the off topic forum

Comment

It's not in any way related to military aviation though....
                  The off topic forum is exactly for weird questions and discussions etc, which is where this would fit.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                    It's not in any way related to military aviation though....
                    The off topic forum is exactly for weird questions and discussions etc, which is where this would fit.
                    seriously though,where in the off topic forum do u see something related to the military except for goodbye??

Comment

I took the liberty of searching 'military' in the off topic forum and
                      Showing results 1 to 40 of 298
                      Search took 10.78 seconds.
                      This will show all threads which involve the military, but to prove we have threads related to the military on it.
                      But just for a selection of military related threads on the off topic forum click here, here, here and my personal favourite here.
                      And thats just from the first page of results.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

US Exoskeletan

Yes it exists. It isn't a secret anymore, although the prototypes you/we are shown are the old type. The Military doesn't make a habit of showing off its latest and greatest, it saves that for the bad guys.
                        Personally i think the idea is a little flawed. If anybody remebers Aliens2, sigourney weaver stood inside an exoskeletan to move large and heavy objects. Its great for that, but, as the movie showed, it's woeful as a weapon. Just too slow and cumbersome. The REAL story is in robots and remote controlled automobiles. The "pack-mule" is an example...Looks a little crap in its protype form but, hike that up several times and you've got a walker packed with weapons (anybody whos seen empire strikes back can see where i'm going...Pack-mule indeed!)
                        Oh and the robots, RC combatants all travel first class USAF, usually a C-17...That satisfy the pedants out there?

Comment

Originally posted by KMRY_Executive View Post
                          hmmmm, He was a tad out of line telling you guys about that project. To be honest, I don't think you're going to find out too much about it from there on .
                          ---Classified---
                          LMAO

Does Lockheed Martin building one bring it back into the "Aviation world"? LOL

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                          . If anybody remebers Aliens2, sigourney weaver stood inside an exoskeletan to move large and heavy objects. Its great for that, but, as the movie showed, it's woeful as a weapon. Just too slow and cumbersome.
                          Guess you've missed Lockheed Martin's...

Lockheed Martin's HULC...

-Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                          -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Working...
                          X