FAO: Gabriel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkyWest...saying their their plane...experienced a "slow speed event."
    Uh-huh. And next we'll have an airplane that didn't crash, but rather "inappropriately attempted to transit an area occupied by non-gaseous matter".
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

According to my FCOM, approach to 'slow speed event' procedure must be performed by a specialized event planner. This may have been the problem as most pilots are not event planners and, while there is usually one on board, this may have been a rare event-plannerless flight out of Denver.

The company also indicated that the FAA decision was a 'real head-scratcher'. I doubt this since domestic flights of four hours or less are no longer required to have a head-scratcher in the cockpit. Since pilots are now required to scratch their own heads and this adds to pilot workload, some operators have begun teaching pilots how the aircraft functions as a way of reducing this task.

Comment

Isn't there something fishy here?

So the FAA is disciplining Skywest for an event in some flight in some CRJ type that happened some time months ago?

Seriously?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          That one guy must be even "obscurer", because even I don't know him.
          There kind of was an exodus over there after new management took over.

I think he SORT of took over Lane Wallace's spot.

He's a recent regional grad, but now on an MD-80. He also owns a tail dragger, and wrote some stories about flying checks. I have been enjoying his stuff. Sometimes it's kind of whimsical, other times, it's more technical.

Indeed he is not Bax nor Morgan, and a tad obscure.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
          X