Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Industry failed

I think they must retrofit all ATC towers and planes with the techonology exisiting in 2001. At least then every inch of a plane's movement was available.

Comment

• At the press conference they just said that the photos of the wreck released by China were 'a mistake' and are not the a/c.

They also said that the engine data is inaccurate and that the final ACARS data was recorded at 1:07AM MYT time.

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
      the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• May I refer you back to some of my earlier posts in this thread. No, I didn't have special knowledge. It arose from carefully studying what had not happened.

Meanwhile I may add that 4 hours ~ 2000 miles. Draw a circle there. Any interesting hits?

To confound my own speculation I doubt the Chinese could have downed a threat to a city and keep it quiet. They may be authoritarian but the the wrong cowherd in the wrong field with a smartphone would blow it. And any attempts to suppress would need a major extra clampdown on net traffic which would be detectable.

Of course there is another troublesome republic in that area who does not have that problem. Reference to which has afaik been silent.

Listen to what you are not hearing

Comment

• At this stage I tend to believe the WSJ source more than the Malaysian officials. In a nutshell, they're telling us that we're back to square one.

As for the Chinese satellite shots described as 'a mistake', apparently someone without authorization released those and YET they are still posted on the Chinese government website.
          AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
          the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaos View Post
            It amazes me that we can track automobiles, monkeys in the jungle, thugs on parole etc... by satellite and even upload real time video by satellite but we can't track or monitor a 1/4 billion dollar plane carrying the most precious cargo that God created :-/
            You can track an airplane. Tell me which is the airplane that will crash next and I'll have it tracked.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
              Yeah ouf. It's like how they kept bringing up the Asiana SFO crash as the sole blemish on the 777 record when it factually had absolutely NOTHING to do with the aircraft itself.
              We must remember that passengers were at fault in Asiana 214 - the airline told us so. And lets not forget they landed short which, in the media became, "the runways are too short at SFO" and that pilots (Sum Ting Wong, Wi To Lo, Ho Le Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow) in Korea are not properly trained.

I suppose taking your carry-on during an evacuation of a burning aircraft does shift a bit of the blame if you don't get out in time but how else will you Tweet and post pics of your crash landing on Facebook if you leave your phone in the burning plane?

AF447 was the last major disaster and in 2009, smartphones were just not quite there yet. MH370 is the first plane lost in a truly hyper-connected world where the only thing we know for sure that has crashed is the media. Ironic how, in a totally unintentional way, the media regurgitation of every statement from various government agencies and "sources" has truly exposed the corruption, ineptitude, and propaganda rampant in Asian government. They should all get a Pulitzer.

Foo Ling Yu signing off...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                You can track an airplane. Tell me which is the airplane that will crash next and I'll have it tracked.
                Tell me which one isn't going to crash or disappear, they all have the potential. Track all commercial flights! Is it really that hard? I don't think so.

Comment

• Sounds like another KAL007, airplane disabled by two missiles and later crashed....
                  A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                    At the press conference they just said that the photos of the wreck released by China were 'a mistake' and are not the a/c.

They also said that the engine data is inaccurate and that the final ACARS data was recorded at 1:07AM MYT time.

Yeah, transmission of ACARS beyond loss of contact denied. I wonder if the WSJ writer will stand behind his story. Otherwise, we're back where we started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
                      According to a creditable writer from WSJ, this mystery has transcended all previous speculation.

- ACARS data now indicates that the plane flew on for 4 HOURS beyond the time contact was lost.

- U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

- at least one of the pilots' homes is being visited by police.

- At one briefing... officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

If link doesn't work, just google "plane flew on for hours" and click on the wsj link.
                      And again, the story changes. No search of any home.

But remember, the truth might actually leak out and be discredited. To what end, I do not know.

Comment

• Originally posted by retox View Post
                        And again, the story changes. No search of any home.

But remember, the truth might actually leak out and be discredited. To what end, I do not know.
                        To me, searching the pilot's home should be standard protocol in this situation. In the U.S., is not an incident of this nature automatically considered a crime investigation until that possibility is ruled out? Maybe they plan to simply deny anything that would make the plane's disappearance seem to be anything other than a "typical" accident.

Comment

• The satellite crowdsourcing resource website should focus now on letting people investigate airfields in the huge radius that 5 hr flight time will allow.

Now...what if the plane landed on some deserted airfield, was re fueled and took off to another undisclosed location? If so we may never find it.
                          AD.com apocalypse survivor. 727 Fan.

Comment

• Sydney Herald posted following article:

Police investigating the backgrounds of all 239 people aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight are paying “special attention” to a 35 year-old Chinese Uighur man who undertook flight simulation training, according to a report in a leading Malay language newspaper in Kuala Lumpur. The Chinese Uighurs were behind a recent terrorist attack at a Chinese train station.

Bloomberg posted story 2 hours ago that U.S. investigators increasingly suspect the act was criminal, one person said without elaborating.

So have come full circle back to intentional taking of this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpeters View Post
                              Now...what if the plane landed on some deserted airfield, was re fueled and took off to another undisclosed location? If so we may never find it.

Why not, but I wonder how may fields in this area could put up with nearly 200 tons impacting ?

Comment

• Originally posted by B52STRATO View Post
                                Why not, but I wonder how may fields in this area could put up with nearly 200 tons impacting ?
                                I'm not very familiar with the area but it's very possible there are quite a few suitable fields, depending on the takeoff weight a big airliner like this doesn't require that much runway to takeoff.
                                AD.com apocalypse survivor. 727 Fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X