Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cathy Pacific plane with passengers on board waiitng for hours to continue the journe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

everyoe here knows that i have zero tolerance for these incarcerations. i could give a crap less about airport facilities, weather, fuel etc. it's all BS. at the end of the day, these incarcerations are about not spending some money and more importantly, not giving a shit about the people trapped on the plane.
    There are always other options. Driving, taking an oceanliner, a train etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      There are always other options. Driving, taking an oceanliner, a train etc.
      right. so rather than holding people accountable for their actions and inactions, you advocate that the public should just deal with it.

last time i checked, it was not possible to take a train or drive a car from NYC to anywhere in asia. I doubt there are any ships that provide that service other than cargo.

it truly boggles my mind that anyone stands up for the failures of the various agencies, people, service providers, whatever. what i suspect is that those here that are, don't fly much and/or have never been incarcerated onboard for 10 hours. i suspect their tune would change if they were.

Comment

right. so rather than holding people accountable for their actions and inactions, you advocate that the public should just deal with it.

last time i checked, it was not possible to take a train or drive a car from NYC to anywhere in asia. I doubt there are any ships that provide that service other than cargo.

it truly boggles my mind that anyone stands up for the failures of the various agencies, people, service providers, whatever. what i suspect is that those here that are, don't fly much and/or have never been incarcerated onboard for 10 hours. i suspect their tune would change if they were.
        Now who is doing the assuming?

Comment

Can you provide any data to show his assumption (by the way he said "suspect", not "assume" - the connotation is a little different) is incorrect?

The one gigantic flaw in your "drive..." argument (in addition to the one TeeVee pointed out) is that consumers do not know in advance when they purchase an airline ticket that they're going to be held hostage for 10 hours.

If they decided to take a boat and the boat sunk, would you say "well they should have expected that"?
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
            Can you provide any data to show his assumption (by the way he said "suspect", not "assume" - the connotation is a little different) is incorrect?

The one gigantic flaw in your "drive..." argument (in addition to the one TeeVee pointed out) is that consumers do not know in advance when they purchase an airline ticket that they're going to be held hostage for 10 hours.

If they decided to take a boat and the boat sunk, would you say "well they should have expected that"?
            Well, it's difficult to have a rational argument in a conversation where the opponent uses deliberately emotionally-charged language like throwing the words like "incarceration", "gigantic flaw" etc around. I also understand that it's a very fashionable thing in our society to rag on airlines, especially since there are plenty of occasions to do so. However, in this case, it seems to me the anger is misplaced. Let's review the facts as we know them:

1. The weather was such that continuing to HKG was not advisable.

2. The crew did the safe thing and diverted. In doing so they took care of their passengers.

3. While the aircraft was on the ground, it was serviced, fueled, lavs were functioning, food and water were provided. In ensuring this was done, the airline took care of their passengers.

4. The rest of the delay fall squarely on the Chinese government and its regulations. I suppose, as a member of the legal profession, TeeVee may consider a lawsuit against them for this incident, an enterprise in which I wish him only the greatest success.

Comment

everyoe here knows that i have zero tolerance for these incarcerations...these incarcerations are about not spending some money and more importantly, not giving a shit about the people trapped on the plane.

oh and just btw, it was meant as an insult.
              If you replace the word 'plane' with jail and kept the same passion, maybe you can address a major problem that is much closer home to you than China is.

Oh, and not that it might resonate but they were provided with food, water, access to bathrooms, and kept in rather fine conditions (had it been on United's 747s - they would have had cause to riot!). Considering that there are people in the world that are starving, many of which are in your back yard, and many more that are being (and I am using the term here as "the state of being confined in prison; imprisonment" as defined by M-Webster) propelled into an unfair and biased incarceration system. Keep the passion, change the perspective.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

^ Great post

As for title, glad that its been sanitized all respect for admin and mods but should have been shorter like Passengers kept aboard diverted Cathay Pacific flight for 36 hours, I think it says it all.

Comment

Working...
                X