swiftair Md-80 missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    An Argentine newspaper reports that Algeria authorities officially confirmed that it crashed in the Sahel dessert.

In Spanish:
    http://www.clarin.com/mundo/cayo-avi...180682212.html
    Is there any chance in the near future of drones searching areas like this? Also, would satellites be able to see things on the ground in this desert?

Comment

On the subject of distress calls....

The three golden rules in order...

1. Aviate.

2. Navigate.

3. Communicate.

If you are unable to perform #1...... then #2 and #3 have to wait.

If you have performed #1 satisfactorily but cannot achieve #2 right away ....... then #3 waits some more.

ONLY when you have achieved #1 ( keeping the plane flying )
      and #2 ( decided where you are going with it ).....

......can you allocate tasks to achieving #3 (telling someone else about it. )

#1 and #2 will keep you alive. #3 only tells someone where you are going to possibly die.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Has any aircraft EVER made a distress call while stalled?
        If you are suggesting some sort of "shame/don't confess" mechanism (from your full text?), I do not concur.

The pilots called in during the PSA-727-172 collision which was a steep spiraling dive- though not necessarily a stall and I'm pretty sure there's a few others

I do think there might have been an initial "don't confess" mechanism on the Pinnacle Four One Oh it Dude crash...might have kept them from boldly declaring that they were descending against ATC instructions to maintain 410.

On Air France, I find the full pull up so unbelievable- thatthe guy THINKING the plane was in stall-protecting mode still seems kind of plausible to me.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          If you are suggesting some sort of "shame/don't confess" mechanism (from your full text?), I do not concur.

The pilots called in during the PSA-727-172 collision which was a steep spiraling dive- though not necessarily a stall and I'm pretty sure there's a few others

I do think there might have been an initial "don't confess" mechanism on the Pinnacle Four One Oh it Dude crash...might have kept them from boldly declaring that they were descending against ATC instructions to maintain 410.

On Air France, I find the full pull up so unbelievable- thatthe guy THINKING the plane was in stall-protecting mode still seems kind of plausible to me.
          The flight crew in the 1974 Northwest Airlines crash (Flight 6231) called out and stated quite clearly they were in a stall...

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! luxury777sinar.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf luxury777sinar.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham2001 View Post
            The flight crew in the 1974 Northwest Airlines crash (Flight 6231) called out and stated quite clearly they were in a stall...

http://www.airdisaster.com/reports/ntsb/AAR75-13.pdf
            Thanks for the link Graham.

I would be a big fan of Pitot Tubes Heat is on light in the cabin , along with the necessary Flaps are Down for Takeoff light .

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
              Thanks for the link Graham.

I would be a big fan of Pitot Tubes Heat is on light in the cabin , along with the necessary Flaps are Down for Takeoff light .
              Well, the certification standards require a warning for "Pitot Tube Heat is NOT on" and "flaps are NOT down for take-off".

The "pitot heat NOT on" one is somehow new. I thin it was not in place when this accident took place.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Now that computerized displays are common, perhaps more-creatively-worded messages would better catch pilots' attention:
                "Your airspeed indicator is probably lying... check the pitot heat switch to find out why."
                Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Well, the certification standards require a warning for "Pitot Tube Heat is NOT on" and "flaps are NOT down for take-off".

The "pitot heat NOT on" one is somehow new. I thin it was not in place when this accident took place.
                  My point being, can you imagine the insanity in the cabin if these basics were somehow skipped ?

Instead of four eyes looking/missing/ignoring the most deadliest of mistakes you may have 200 to 700 eyes watching .

And spare me the "Professionalism" jive . Sorry to look over your shoulder there Capt. Buzdriver, but its my ass too .

Comment

The only options for probe heat should be 'AUTO' and 'ON'.

Comment

In some ways, I kind of like you...
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                        The only options for probe heat should be 'AUTO' and 'ON'.
                        Sorry, but if it uses a good bit of electricity and generates a good bit of heat, I tend to favor an "off" setting...just for safety you know.

Comment

In some ways, I kind of like you...
                          I think I just won something.

I want 3 green on the screen too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Comment

Sorry, but if it uses a good bit of electricity and generates a good bit of heat, I tend to favor an "off" setting...just for safety you know.
                            I often turn off the defrost in my car because I am warm enough, seeing out the window is just a pleasure that I cant afford. But to be honest I pull up the whole time.

Comment

I want 3 green on the screen too.
                              Does there need to be intercom installed between the cockpit and individual seats, or could all of this be accomplished via a Twitter feed?

Comment

Does there need to be intercom installed between the cockpit and individual seats, or could all of this be accomplished via a Twitter feed?
                                If I am paying for it , why cant I listen in ?

"OH FUCK WE ARE OVER-SPEEDING!!! LETS PULL UP !!! "

Comment

Working...
                                X