No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With just a 5kt current, the surface debris could have drifted about 1500 miles by now, so I wouldn't expect it to be too close to the point where it ditched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dispatch Dog View Post
      With just a 5kt current, the surface debris could have drifted about 1500 miles by now, so I wouldn't expect it to be too close to the point where it ditched.
      So 777's parts don't sink? Do we think there are 239 bodies floating all over the Indian Ocean?

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
        So 777's parts don't sink? Do we think there are 239 bodies floating all over the Indian Ocean?
        I assume DispatchDog was talking about floating debris, like lifevests, seat cushions, insulation and so on...

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
          I assume DispatchDog was talking about floating debris, like lifevests, seat cushions, insulation and so on...
          Seat cushions are anyway designed to float. Plus experience shows that some structures are honeycombed and will trap air and can float for days. On the other hand, this part of the Indian Ocean (roaring forties) has an unusually rough average sea state and swell.

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
            Not all of them. The parts that are less dense than water will float and the parts that are heavier will sink.

Comment

• Just got home from work, like every other day this week. Was looking forward reading through 2-3 pages of new posts - and nothing new. What happened! Did everybody take the weekend off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harding View Post
                Just got home from work, like every other day this week. Was looking forward reading through 2-3 pages of new posts - and nothing new. What happened! Did everybody take the weekend off? :confused
                Really nothing to talk about. I'd rather nothing than the mindless speculation I see on other forums or in the media.

-CNN getting a psychic
                -CNN talking about "black holes"
                -Michael Savage claiming that it was hijacked to kidnap passengers who were experts in "stealth/cloaking technology" and it ties in to the "murder" of two ex-Navy SEALs on the Mersk-Alabama.
                -Endless speculation and arguing on A.net and numerous other sites

Comment

• Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                  Really nothing to talk about. I'd rather nothing than the mindless speculation I see on other forums or in the media.

-CNN getting a psychic
                  -CNN talking about "black holes"
                  -Michael Savage claiming that it was hijacked to kidnap passengers who were experts in "stealth/cloaking technology" and it ties in to the "murder" of two ex-Navy SEALs on the Mersk-Alabama.
                  -Endless speculation and arguing on A.net and numerous other sites
                  Let's not forget the Galactic Federation and Ashtar Sheran.
                  AD.com apocalypse survivor. 727 Fan.

Comment

• Whatever this means...

On Mar 21st 2014 Inmarsat experts stated, that the pings received by their satellite over the Indian Ocean were basically signals to check whether the aircraft still wanted service ("are you alive"). It was positively established that the pings were coming from 9M-MRO indicating the receiver and transmitter were still powered up. In further determination the round trip time of signals from the satellite sending the inquiry out until receiving the reply from the aircraft was measured and it was detected, that the round trip time increased from hour to hour, which indicated the aircraft was moving away from its last known (secondary radar) position.
                    Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      It means, if nothing else, that the aircraft was in motion.
                      Hypoxia is a painless way to go

I can think of no scineriao where the emergency is so severe that all communication systems failed or were turned off in response and yet the aircraft continued to fly for several hours.
                      Swissair did not make to the threshold they turned off the cabin bus. A logical first step.
                      Helios they were delirious before turning anything off.

Comment

• ATC transcript

KL CONTROL TOWER

00:36:30 MH370: ATC, this is MH370, good morning

ATC: Good morning, MH370, This is KL controltower, please remain in A10 32R

00:36:50 MH370: A10, MH370 copies that

00:38:43 ATC: MH370, please get on the runway from 32R A10

MH370: runway from 32R A10, copy that*00:40:38

ATC: MH370, position 32R, runway ready, permitted to takeoff. Good night

MH370: position 32R, runway ready, permitted to take off.*MH370 copies that. Thank you, goodbye.

KL AIRPORT

00:42:05 MH370: MH370 has left the port

00:42:10 ATC: MH370 position confirmed, flight altitude 180, follow the command and*turn right, target IGARI waypoint.

00:42:40 MH370: Alright, altitude 180, direction IGARI waypoint,

MH370 copies that

00:42:52*ATC: MH370, you’ve entered KL Radar 132.6, good night

MH370: 132.6, MH370 copies that

KL RADAR

00:46:51 MH370: KL ATC, This is MH370

ATC: MH370, please climb to flight altitude 250

00:46:54 MH370: MH370 is climbing to flight altitude 250

00:50:06 ATC: MH370, climbing to flight altitude 350

00:50:09 MH370: This is MH370, flight altitude 350

01:01:14 MH370: MH370 remaining in flight altitude 350

01:01:19 ATC: MH370

01:07:55 MH370: MH370 remaining in flight altitude 350

01:08:00*ATC: MH370

01:19:24 ATC: MH370, please contact Hu Chi Minh City 120.9, goodnight

01:19:29 MH370: All right, good night.
                        AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                        the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• This has been detected on a Chinese satellite

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                          the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• I can think of no scineriao where the emergency is so severe that all communication systems failed or were turned off in response and yet the aircraft continued to fly for several hours.
                            I can. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Comment

• It's about 60-70nm SSW of the Australian sighting of similar size. If it was the same piece, would the currents have taken it that way and that far? I thought the larger piece was underwater - if it was on the sea bed, I wouldn't have expected it to drift that much.

Comment

• And on the transcript, the BBC reports:

Another Malaysian official at the briefing said the transcript was "not accurate", without specifying what was wrong with the document.
                                Constant statements, retractions, contradictions, corrections.

That's what seems most bizarre about this incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X