Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy theory # 1243

What if someone "sneaked" onto the plane undetected? Perhaps with help from an insider?

He(or more than one person) could have been hiding in the cargo hold, heck maybe even inside a big cargo crate.

Once the plane took off, these people proceeded to disable the transponders, ACARS, maybe even other essential electrical systems....they were probably armed, and somehow got into the passenger area and then the cockpit...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan View Post
      I don't see story 3 working. It had to come from one of the two in the cockpit. The timing was too perfect at the hand off of Air Traffic Controllers for it to be timed from outside the cockpit. I guess the timing could have been a coincidence, but it helped to confuse the situation for sure.
      Definitely agree. But since not much has come back by way of background checks, the possibility exists. Will investigators tell us if something suspicious turns up, though? That'd be tricky.

Comment

• Here's the relevant information from the PM of Malaysia

According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8:11AM Malaysian time on Saturday 8th March. The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact. This will help us to refine the search.

Due to the type of satellite data, we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.

However, based on this new data, the aviation authorities of Malaysia and their international counterparts have determined that the plane’s last communication with the satellite was in one of two possible corridors: a northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian ocean. The investigation team is working to further refine the information.
        AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
        the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Again, pardon my ignorance, but what would happen to a pressurized aircraft and its passengers at 45,000 feet?

Also, my thoughts on why whomever took over the aircraft (if it was a suicide) might not immediately crash it into the ocean. If it wasn't one of the pilots, and maybe even if it was, they had complete control of a 777. Why not play with it for a while? Take it up really high, dive it back down. If you're planning on dying anyway, why not? Just my thoughts.
          Even with oxygen mask deployment, you wouldn't survive the depressurization of 45000 feet for an extended period. But if you were trying to confuse forensic analysis, maybe you wouldn't want to kill them.

This plot seems far too calculated to think that someone was playing with the aircraft as for a joy ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by opa-opa View Post
            What if someone "sneaked" onto the plane undetected? Perhaps with help from an insider?

He(or more than one person) could have been hiding in the cargo hold, heck maybe even inside a big cargo crate.

Once the plane took off, these people proceeded to disable the transponders, ACARS, maybe even other essential electrical systems....they were probably armed, and somehow got into the passenger area and then the cockpit...
            Why invent nonsense that doesn't fit available information?

Comment

• Thank you
              Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post

This plot seems far too calculated to think that someone was playing with the aircraft as for a joy ride.
              Not thinking this as a primary reason, just as going along with a suicide scenario. But I see your point.

Comment

• service ceiling of the 777 is 43100 feet, could it really get up that high without hitting coffin corner?

next trips
                USA/DXB August.

Comment

• this was DEFFO one of the pilots....and i dont think it was suicide.....i think he's been paid a lot of money to make this happen......and that plane landed somewhere in the middle east........i dont know if the passengers are dead or alive...but there would now be nothing they could do (they might not have even known) once the pilot takes it elsewhere....and only the pilot could do this.
                  its no coincidence....its no crash!

Comment

• All the info, wrong info, possible disinformation info, conjecture, opinion, tin foil hat wearer info is so rampant right now, It almost makes me think the alien abduction one is no less valid anymore.

With that said, I will postulate this was well planned and out of left field enough to when the true facts surface, enough flotsam baggage will stick still to muddy it regardless.

My wild ass guess is the latenight AM folks can only drag aliens and ghosts along to keep listeners happy for so long, they know it, and they hatched this hijack plan to get more airplay. 8-P
                    Coyote

Comment

• Nearly 8 days in and still no cargo manifest.

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by DCC View Post
                        If you were going to hijack a plane with a goal to crash it into the ocean, why wouldn't you nose the plane over as soon as you had control of the plane? What would be the purpose of trying to evade radar and flying several hours out into the middle of the ocean if you only wanted to put it in the water?
                        If it were a pilot suicide (remember this is still only one if increasing possibility) then you need to get inside the mind of the pilot. Some like to do it fast as in jumping in front of trains. But others are seeking inner peace. In disposing or incapacitating everyone else he is alone at the controls. The one place he may be happy and using his professional skills. To continue that as long as possible and let the end be decided by the fuel supply rather than a hand on the joystick may seem attractive.

The fact I am looking for is does that last ping correlate with the ultimate range of the plane. In other words there is no `destination`.

Comment

• Switching to conspiracy mode. Is it a coincidence that the two extended communication claims have come from UK organisations RR & Inmarsat?

I really still have a feeling that US secret monitoring has known more for some time but has difficulty getting this out in a non-attributable form. They need trusted partners who can 'find' helpful data if pointed in the right direction. Inmarsat is headquartered only a few hundred yards from MI6 HQ and with RR is part of the same military/industrial interdependent circle.

Having said that the RR leak was a bit of an uncharacteristic faff.

Comment

• Senior Malaysia police official says house of pilot of missing flight MH370 is being searched, according to Reuters
                            I wonder if it's just one or both of them?

Comment

• They would have been searched within hours of the disappearance or someone was not doing their job. What we are getting now is orchestrated back story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainsys View Post
                                They would have been searched within hours of the disappearance or someone was not doing their job. What we are getting now is orchestrated back story.
                                They clearly stated that they did not search either before today - search warrants executed as soon as the PM finished speaking at the press conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X