USAir Hiring Pilots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAir Hiring Pilots...

Ye gods that brings back a lot of childhood dreams. Damn hard to wrap my mind around that.

That's great news...it's a shame I couldn't have heard it in about eight years

Comment

All of the Legacies are starting/have been to hire or call the pilots on furlough back. The industry is booming right now.. But remember it is cyclical..

Originally posted by Star Alliance
      That's great news...it's a shame I couldn't have heard it in about eight years
      Who knows where the industry will be in 8 years.. It could be booming it could not..

Comment

Originally posted by JSchraub
        Who knows where the industry will be in 8 years.. It could be booming it could not..
        It had better be or all these airlines who ordered these thousands of planes are royaly screwed.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Ive got about five years to go...hopefully I can get a regional job before the next downturn (which hopefully won't happen), then go into flight test.

Personally, I wouldn't go near USAir at this point. Too much bad blood, too poor management, pay sucks. Only 1 in 7 recalls takes the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            Personally, I wouldn't go near USAir at this point. Too much bad blood, too poor management, pay sucks.
            I'm agreement, and not just because I'm employed by a rival LCC.
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Well, I realize that US Air has it's problems, that's no secret to me at all. But you must realize, my very earliest memory is standing at the window at PIT looking out at the sea of gleaming red, blue, and silver 737s, swarming like a school of minnows before me. I've had a love affair with US ever since. I can't think of a job I'd rather have than as a pilot with them, no matter how many problems it may have.
              Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise; God knows fools can't be talked down

Comment

If thats who you want to apply for down the road, by all means do it.

I've been captivated by WN recently and have an option to begin interning with them or doing weight and balance for PR(scary thought eh?), which would obviously look a hell of a lot more impressive on a resume down the road. Seeing as in this program you get hired in the end so long as you don't kill anyone or have a tourettes episode, I have a big decision to make by 10/30.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I realize that US Air has it's problems, that's no secret to me at all. But you must realize, my very earliest memory is standing at the window at PIT looking out at the sea of gleaming red, blue, and silver 737s, swarming like a school of minnows before me. I've had a love affair with US ever since. I can't think of a job I'd rather have than as a pilot with them, no matter how many problems it may have.
                  Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise; God knows fools can't be talked down
                  If that's what makes you happy, then go for it. That's all that counts.

Comment

I hear ya. I've flown USAir all of my life. My dad was a proud USAir employee until all of the post 9/11 crap. I remember falling asleep on one USAir plane and waking up on another. I remember my dad taking me to work and I remember sitting on his shoulders and running my hand on the cold, silver metal of the ships as we walked by. I remember walking into a hanger or watching a ship taxi by and feeling a shiver of pride as I saw the proud title "USAir." (and later USAirways) I remember "USAir begins with you," I remember the sadness of September 8, 1994 on the last voyage of USAir 427, I remember the ups and downs, and I remember the spirit of the employees and the old timers that, despite the crappy management, is still there today. She's got quite a story to tell and there's life in her yet. Parker is just a bad dream that she'll awaken from.

/end corny moment haha

Comment

How old you have 2 be to fly a jet? I know to fly a GA(general aviation) aircraft but how old for a jet? But i'm all the way back in Australia so... yeah

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
                        How old you have 2 be to fly a jet? I know to fly a GA(general aviation) aircraft but how old for a jet? But i'm all the way back in Australia so... yeah
                        Well you would just have to have a pilots license, then a type rating for that particular jet, then probably a high altitude endorsement, and a multi-engine rating, then the required number of hours before yor insurance company will actually cover you to fly a jet (about 1,500 hours for an L-39 I believe.)
                        Then if you want to do it for hire... that's a different story.

Comment

And US still has some PSA employees around, and they still paint smiles on some of their planes. They can't be all bad.

[photoid=6010021]
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                            And US still has some PSA employees around, and they still paint smiles on some of their planes. They can't be all bad.

[photoid=6010021]
                            New slogan for US Airways. "Catch our smile." That was PSA's slogan.

Comment

Originally posted by hansonator69
                              New slogan for US Airways. "Catch our smile." That was PSA's slogan.
                              US uses that as their slogan now?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X