No announcement yet.

Photo requests for "Personal use"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But start thinking. Why this guy ask only 777? I think he is a great fan about 777. Ive send him two pics of my 777 on Jetphotos:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6338827

5Y-KQU. Boeing 777-2U8(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Regards Swen

Comment

Originally posted by Swen View Post
      Why this guy ask only 777?

Actually he doesn't, as you can see on the previous posts. But I trust him for not using pictures for commercial purposes. I'm actually pretty glad to receive that kind of messages, proof that our pictures are apreciated.

Comment

This is the fastest I have ever heard from Dannis, do you think he has some sort of photo request bot? Over at a.net the photo was accepted five minutes ago, a minute after the acceptance email I get.

Hello Bernie,

Is it possible to have this digital picture on Air Canada B777 ID=1418504 and if possible with 2.MB+

Your picture will be only use for my private photos collection on B777 and NOT for commercial use

Sincerely

Dannis

It took him a little over two days to ask about the same photo here. Should I be honoured or hurt?

Comment

Well here is my perspective...'In God we trust and all other pay cash'

Seems a little harsh, but I have to ask does this guy have anything posted on either JP or A.net???

Being a fan of triple 7's why is he not out there woth a camera in hand?

Jim Macris
          Nikon User
          Click here to view my 69 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macris View Post

I have had several requests from Dannis Bord for my shots of T7's. Until one time I got really pissed off with him. I said to him if he was that interested in these aircraft, then why not buy himself a budget camera and get his butt out there and take the pictures!!

His reply to me was that T7's don't land at the airport that is nearest to him. I made him aware that T7's don't frequent Manchester either so I make the 500 mile round journey to Heathrow.

He then said if I didn't want to send him a 2mb+ file, just say so. So I told him no I wont send it to him. I did say feel free to right click and save it from JP.net with the watermark, he refused.

Guess what? a week later I received another request from him, again I have told him NO.

I just wish I could ban him from requesting from me as I must have had at least 4 requests from him now.

PS.. Jim, what's wrong with your banner?
            Last edited by turbotraker; 2008-11-20, 04:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Macris View Post
              Well here is my perspective...'In God we trust and all other pay cash'

Seems a little harsh, but I have to ask does this guy have anything posted on either JP or A.net???

Jim Macris
              Nikon User
              Click here to view my 69 photos.
              I'm more than a little suspicious too. He's asked for a couple of mine, the most recent request was made the same day the 777 was posted. If he loves 777's so much, has he ever posted a comment about one of the photos he's asked for? It might help his cause if he engaged with the community a bit more openly through these forums

Comment

I have also received a mail from him asking for one of my Emirates A330 shots.

After reading this thread I decided to say no.
                Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Just my observaiton when I have never see a post from him but that does not mean he has not commented in the form. I asked an atty friend about this and he basically said your rely should include the terms and conditions of a license use and the cost. When I responded to the request I told him that a right to use the photo woud not be granted w/o remiting a fee. I than went on to say if he was still interested in using the photo for his private colleciton to email me back his contact information and I will forward the same to my attorney. I never heard back.

Comment

Yesterday (december 27) I received a request from this man for the original picture of

I haven't replied yet.

Comment

I have to say - with all the requests for pictures (and I've received a few over the past few weeks - I've just deleted the email), he must have one heck of a storage for all that he does get!

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
                        Yesterday (december 27) I received a request from this man for the original picture of

I haven't replied yet.

I had a request today of mine Korean 777, with the same reg.
                        I think that why he went to me.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6443263

Comment

I had another request for a 777 photo from this guy today asking for the photo to be 2MB+. I'm usually more than happy to send aircraft crew a high res version of an aircraft I shot that they operated, but when people are asking for images above a certain file size for 'personal' use I'm a little suspicious. I've deleted the email and will continue deleting them as long as he sends me them. As has been said before, if he wants so many photos of 777's he should get himself a bloody camera, travel to airports and take some himself like the rest of us have to!

Paul
                          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                            I had another request for a 777 photo from this guy today asking for the photo to be 2MB+. I'm usually more than happy to send aircraft crew a high res version of an aircraft I shot that they operated, but when people are asking for images above a certain file size for 'personal' use I'm a little suspicious.
                            That is exactly what I was thinking when I got his emails, and like you I delete his emails now.

Comment

He can just save the photo's to his computer, but because it has to be above 2MB he contact people by e-mail

Comment

Originally posted by arjenp View Post
                                He can just save the photo's to his computer, but because it has to be above 2MB he contact people by e-mail
                                Yes but why does it have to be above 2MB? This is the point. For someone who simply wants an image to view, what real relevence does the file size have? Considering the vast majority of my uploads to JP, even at 1200 pixels wide are around 600kB, you can get a pretty high res image in a 2MB file. Why would he need such a high resolution of they're purely for his own use?

That said, he already has over 1,344,000 aviation images for his personal viewing. They're sat on a website called Jetphotos that can readily be viewed by anyone with an internet connection and a computer. Why can't he just look at the images in the database already? There are currently around 45,000 777 images in the database, is that not enough? Is he printing every image he receives 18" wide or something? I don't get it, and that is exactly the reason I'm suspicious.

Paul
                                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X