3 spotters arrested UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 spotters arrested UAE

Allready more than a week ago three Dutch spotters where arrested in the UAE, reportedly while photographing at Fujairah. They are charged with espionage.....

Fujairah is known for it's strict anti spotter attitude so if you go there please watch out!

Hopefully the three will be released anytime soon.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Im sure a religious council will be sitting in judgement as we write.
    Maybe 90 lashes and a couple of years jail??
    And they call themselves civilized..
    And the western world defends these rag tag merchants.
    Just think next time you fly Emirates or any other airline based there you are supporting them and there hard core religious beliefs. These poor Dutch guys are no doubt regretting there decision to visit a so called modern country.
    Far from modern..far from free and far from my list of places id ever consider visiting..ever.

Comment

Having worked in Saudi Arabia for 2.5 years I know only too well how the rules are applied in Islamic countries.
      Basically if you are a white, non muslim ....... you are an infidel and you are wrong and you can be arrested on any trumped up charge they care to invent at the time.

Mind you, sometimes the yanks are no better. I was at Lakenheath in a car park on the public road when a pair of USAF base security came up to us and tried to move us on. They frightened the shit out of a couple of youngsters until us older folks pointed out that 1/ They had no authority over British nationals off the base and that 2/ They were committing an offence by taking firearms into a UK public area.

Depart two jumped up jobsworths !!
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
      X