Facebook page stealing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    I was looking at their front page. Either I'm going daft or it's an optical illusion but it looks like this Qatar 787 has a left wing approximately 1/3rd shorter than the right wing ????
    I don't know if you're daft or not , but keep in mind that the 787 has very flexible wings that are able to bend a lot. So you see the lower wing almost from the side, but the upper wing from above...
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

As of right now, it seems to be gone again. Clicking the link goes to the FB homepage. Over on A.net they mentioned it seems to be gone too.

Of course, the last time it came back like a dang zombie.

Edit: And it's back again.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        What is a DMCA takedown notice ? ....and where would we send it please. ?
        Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)

Looks sorta kinda like this http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2009/07/06...etter/id=4501/

A lot of websites have either forms that comply with DMCA requirements, so all you do is fill out a form (in Facebook, you hit report, and somewhere in there there's a link for "copyright violations"), or, a letter template, versed by a lawyer where all you do is fill in the blanks. It has to be filled out by the victim, or it's legal representative, and it usally ends with "Under the penalty of perjury, I certify that the above is true to the extent of my knowledge". So no, you can't send a blanket notice unless it was your own work.

I have sent out those to Flickr before, because a user was stealing photos from photostreams (including mine), multiple times. And there were enough reports about him that Flickr was simply shutting down his accounts, I think that it subsided at some point. I also had some photos stolen by a kid, but I sent him a PM and his reponse was "no! I like those photos in my Photostream", and I replied saying "I'll give you one last chance, you have 48 hours to remove them, or I will file a DMCA takedown notice with Flickr and will contact the FBI regarding this copyright infringement", his next PM read "fine, I'll remove them". Apparently the magic three letter acronym can do wonders.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Edit: One of my photos has a plane exotic enough to be shared. Sending a notice straight to facebook right now (since the admin won't do anything).

[SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Looks like they're now removing the copyright bar from photos and the page no longer lists the sites he is stealing from.

Comment

Looks like it's gone now. The link is dead and a search turns up nothing.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

My guess is that Facebook received enough copyright complaints that they just deleted the page. They did reply to mine within 24 hours, saying that they had removed the photo.
                [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
                  My guess is that Facebook received enough copyright complaints that they just deleted the page. They did reply to mine within 24 hours, saying that they had removed the photo.
                  They must have found out about all the copyright claims out there from other people and websites. I hope it is down for good.

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR View Post
                    They must have found out about all the copyright claims out there from other people and websites. I hope it is down for good.
                    My guess is that it will come back up at some point, maybe under a new name.
                    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

It will be back; idiots like that never seem to give up.

Here's another one if anyone wants a go @ it.

Aviation | Fan Page™. Gefällt 2.554 Mal. Cette page vous permet de poster toutes informations et photos sur l'aviation ! :) This page allows

I've been following A.net's effort to take down the original page this thread discussed and apparently this "AviationFanPage" has managed to survive numerous complaints.

Comment

I think that "Airplanes" was taken down based on the sheer volume of complains in a short period of time, since the page started to spread (personally, I shared it in my group's public page, saying "see if there's any of your photos, we already found 2 of ours") and photographers started to be notified by friends or acquaintances about this, and I'd assume that they received a good number of complains.

It was also blatantly obvious that the page admins knew they were doing this illegally, and kept deleting any public evidence of so (removing comments, watermarks, and such).

This other page seems to have less images, and my guess is that unless there is a massive complaining at once, it will survive, because the page probably generates enough revenue for Facebook that the manpower required to process sporadic complaints and remove images is less expensive than the revenue, so you still make a profit on it. Facebook is very likely not obligated to remove a page based on complaints, or to police the page for copyright violations, unless it's notified of it, so even if they know that the site has 500 stolen images, unless enough people complain, they will let it slide.

Also, B757300, I sent you a PM/.
                        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Got an e-mail today that one of my photos was shared on Facebook, Found my photo and lot of others both from Jetphotos and other aviation sites.

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Thanks for the tip Fernando

Comment

Working...
                          X