No announcement yet.

Photo requests for "Personal use"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep a well known guy .. he must have has a wall full of T7's photo's by now.

Copyright is a laugh at the intenet.
    Found out yesterday that Veteran Avia is using without permission a shot I took on their site. Kabo Air the same....
    Just copied from jetphotos....

Not much to do about that besides our watermark.

Brgds
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Trouble is...I go to a lot of trouble in processing to erase dust, set contrast, exposure etc. etc. ......and then I have to protect the image by slapping a watermark across it and completely ruin the visual effect. I don't actually usually use watermarks because I would rather risk a theft than screw up a perfectly good image.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi,
        In the past he also requested some 777's shots from me for he's personal use, It's actually even a little flattered me at that time, but after I sent some files, he continued and requested more and more...
        At that point I decided to stop, I wrote him very politely that it does not seem so fair that I struggle and work hard to succeed with the pictures, and he wants to get from ready-made ...
        He did not even bother to answer me for this email, so I realized that I made a big mistake because I sent him some files.

All the best,
        Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Trouble is...I go to a lot of trouble in processing to erase dust, set contrast, exposure etc. etc. ......and then I have to protect the image by slapping a watermark across it and completely ruin the visual effect. I don't actually usually use watermarks because I would rather risk a theft than screw up a perfectly good image.
          Agreed. I never use the watermark but the recent discovery of that Veteran Avia shot on their site makes me in doubt....
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
            Kabo Air the same....
            Just copied from jetphotos....

Hardly suprising for a company whose 747 was sitting semi-derelict at TIJ for years under some rather questionable/sketchy circumstances.
            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I got a request for a couple of my 777 shots (2MB +) from this guy a few couple weeks ago. I told him that I would be happy to send him a shot that large as long as he was fine with me putting a large watermark across the aircraft. He didn't object! I think he really may just be genuinely interested in the 777.

Comment

I received 3 e-mails requesting file sizes >2MB for personal use, all of images of 777's. Did not respond! Weird request and even stranger…the length of time this has been going on.

Comment

Dann is well known as a B777 fan. You wouldn't believe how many emails that he sends via our screening. Nonetheless, I am not a fan of releasing large size images in public.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. A. Wood View Post
                    I received 3 e-mails requesting file sizes >2MB for personal use, all of images of 777's. Did not respond! Weird request and even stranger…the length of time this has been going on.
                    Hi Richard
                    I don't see why you seem to get so upset and find these requests odd... he's asking for pictures of 777s that you have posted here not snaps of your family... I get requests from him and others from time to time and am glad to get them as it shows someone thinks that some of the images I post are nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X