Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKiecker
    Hopefully the n****r (offensive word moderated) hating mod doesn't shut this thread down before it comes full circle, just because he may disagree with a poster.

Brian, if this does not warrant a permanent ban, I don't know what does. Enough is enough.

P.S. Should have sent you a pm and tried to get together, been stuck in Swindon for 2 days.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2014-08-25, 11:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
      Brian, if this does not warrant a permanent ban, I don't know what does. Enough is enough.
      Precisely my thoughts. He's gone......permanently.
      Last edited by brianw999; 2014-08-16, 06:23.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
        ATMs can be hacked without having the original ATM card in your hands. Cards can be cloned and that may very well have happened before the owner of the account boarded MH370.
        right, and then the thieves waited 5 months before using the clones cards. highly unlikely.

and now that the real story has been told.......

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          right, and then the thieves waited 5 months before using the clones cards. highly unlikely.

and now that the real story has been told.......
          Nonetheless, Peter quotes a perfectly viable possibility. But as you say, we have the real story now.

Malaysian police have charged two people over the alleged theft of around $35,000 from the bank accounts of four passengers on missing airliner MH370.

Comment

• EDIT. THREAD REOPENED... See here... http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthre...859#post624859

Let's not forget those who lost their lives. RIP all.
            Last edited by brianw999; 2014-08-24, 22:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
              EDIT. THREAD REOPENED... (...)
              Let's not forget those who lost their lives. RIP all.

Thanks, Brian Right decision, if you ask me.

Comment

• A bit more refinement, based on analysis of a failed SATCOM attempt to contact the crew. The focus is now on the southern end of the search area.

Australia says the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will focus on the southern part of the search area, after more data analysis.

Comment

• sorry, but based on evan's last post, this really pisses me off.

for about $179, i can buy a battery operated SPOT locator beacon, which among the 1000's sold, have never caught on fire or exploded or any other bullshit. and have my location transmitted down to several meters of accuracy. and while it doesn't have 100% coverage or close to it, i'm sure that for a bit more money, an effective device could be fitted.

yet, even though we have now lost close to 300 lives and have spent collectively millions upon millions of dollars in failed attempts to locate the wreckage, we haven't a clue, and there has been no known push to universally outfit all commercial aircraft with trackers that don't rely on radar--primary or secondary.

frick all the bean counters. and don't give me any bullshit about it interfering with a/c systems. that is simply hogwash. 2 years ago bluetooth was not permitted. now? go right ahead--in all phases of flight. wifi? no problem!

Comment

sorry, but based on evan's last post, this really pisses me off.

for about $179, i can buy a battery operated SPOT locator beacon, which among the 1000's sold, have never caught on fire or exploded or any other bullshit. and have my location transmitted down to several meters of accuracy. and while it doesn't have 100% coverage or close to it, i'm sure that for a bit more money, an effective device could be fitted.

yet, even though we have now lost close to 300 lives and have spent collectively millions upon millions of dollars in failed attempts to locate the wreckage, we haven't a clue, and there has been no known push to universally outfit all commercial aircraft with trackers that don't rely on radar--primary or secondary.

frick all the bean counters. and don't give me any bullshit about it interfering with a/c systems. that is simply hogwash. 2 years ago bluetooth was not permitted. now? go right ahead--in all phases of flight. wifi? no problem!
                    Well, of course the SPOT will not work if the pilot turns it of either.
                    The ACARS is an approximation to that.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      Well, of course the SPOT will not work if the pilot turns it of either.
                      The ACARS is an approximation to that.
                      and once again, make it so that it cannot be shut off. hide it in a locked box that flight crew has no access to. run a tiny wire to the antena on the top of the fuselage. it is a battery operated device and the batteries last forever! can be changed every 2 days.

acars fails when the busses are shut off. right?

Comment

and once again, make it so that it cannot be shut off. hide it in a locked box that flight crew has no access to. run a tiny wire to the antena on the top of the fuselage. it is a battery operated device and the batteries last forever! can be changed every 2 days.

acars fails when the busses are shut off. right?
                        Sounds good to me.
                        Yes, ACARS is bus-powered. That said, nothing prevents to make a battery powered version, and make it inaccessible to the crew too. But ACARS is a much more complex thing that has the capability to report a ton of things from and to the plane, and when it reports position it is actually based on other systems (like GPS or INS), not an autonomous thing embedded in the ACARS, so it will aslo depend on the status of and communication with these other systems.

Adding an independent $2.99 SPOT sound good in principle.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• this is my point. you could quite easily build a fire-proof lightweight steel box to house the guts of the unit and a bigger than usual batter, stow it in an overhead, inaccessible area, and run the wire out to the top of the fuselage.

total cost? probably a few thousand dollars per plane.

value? potentially priceless.

mh370 is not the only aircraft which disappeared. the millions upon millions of dollars spent just LOCATING the missing aircraft more than outweighs the tiny cost.

Comment

this is my point. you could quite easily build a fire-proof lightweight steel box to house the guts of the unit and a bigger than usual batter, stow it in an overhead, inaccessible area, and run the wire out to the top of the fuselage.

total cost? probably a few thousand dollars per plane.

value? potentially priceless.

mh370 is not the only aircraft which disappeared. the millions upon millions of dollars spent just LOCATING the missing aircraft more than outweighs the tiny cost.

Sounds easy doesn't it? NOTHING electronic that is installed on a modern jet aircraft is done for a "few thousand dollars"

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                              Sounds easy doesn't it? NOTHING electronic that is installed on a modern jet aircraft is done for a "few thousand dollars"
                              yeah well that is part of the problem, they've allowed the bullshit to persist.

my friend had to replace a microwave on the challenger. they wanted $15,000. so he googled around and discovered that the micro is the exact same one used in RV's, which sell for several hundred dollars. he called the manufacturer and was advised it was the same model, same specs, same everything. guess which one he bought?

Comment

yeah well that is part of the problem, they've allowed the bullshit to persist.

my friend had to replace a microwave on the challenger. they wanted $15,000. so he googled around and discovered that the micro is the exact same one used in RV's, which sell for several hundred dollars. he called the manufacturer and was advised it was the same model, same specs, same everything. guess which one he bought?
                                You have heard the old expression apples and oranges?

Also, ramp check on your "buddys" Challenger and it is found without a TSO sticker on it. Bad ju ju, a fine and possible violation. But whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X