Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Enquiry

A recent question just cropped up.

I have Saudi Air Force Typhoons on delivery rejected. One of the reasons was bad info.

I remember that we had a discussion about using the British serials for uploading and I used them this time and still they got rejected partly because of that, while a photo with a Saudi reg was accepted. I had my other photos already in my database changed to the British serial too.

Please can we clarify which serial will we use? And can we agree all over the crew what serial we have to use so that we avoid unwanted rejections because of different versions of different screeners pls?

Thanks,
    Ruben

Edit: Sorry if it's posted on the wrong forum..
    Last edited by Thebuzu; 2015-05-31, 17:41.

AnyOne please?

Comment

Not the British, if the other is already visible

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
        Not the British, if the other is already visible
        I thought the British. That is the serial used while they are ferried.
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I think the other is easier it also should avoid the confusion of using the British designations for aircraft type.

Comment

So British or Saudi? :P

Buzu

Comment

Assuming we are talking about registrations it should be the Saudi registration if it is on the aircraft. The British registration is only used to comply with UK regulations during the ferry flight into and out of UK airspace.
              Regarding the type, we use and recognise www.scramble.nl as the guru of all things military and I believe that we should stick to their data for the sake of consistency.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Ok Brian,

So Saudi Reg it is.... I asked because a few months ago the crew told us to use the British serial because it was corrupting their database.

I'll guess I have to correct all the ones again in the database that were changed by the crew from the Saudi to the British serial then.

Ruben

Comment

Indeed they were changed, per scramble dbase.. As were the types corrected. When they visit Malta the active reg is the UK one. The flightplan will just this serial, not the Saudi one.
                  “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Yes that was the info I had, but one of the reasons of rejection was ' Bad info' due to the fact that I used the British serial.

So please British serial and C/N number or Saudi? Cause there is like a 50/50 here decision between 4 crew...

Comment

cn is the same any way and please use the Saudi reg. Not the British. I have fixed all database entries.
                      Last edited by seahawk; 2015-06-03, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                        cn is the same any way and please use the Saudi reg. Not the British. I have fixed all database entries.
                        Thanks! I will use Saudi info then..

I would say that it would be a good idea to maybe amend the rules to say that if the country serial is visible even if there is a 'Manufacturer Delivery serial/reg', the country serial has to take priority..

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X