X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropping

Is this way of cropping accaptable?

yes this kind of crop is acceptable.
    Please note that this photo you're showing has a very strong red cast and has a good chance to be rejected for bad colours.
    Do you use auto tone or auto colours on photoshop ? Some of your shots have been rejected for that reason in the past and I was wondering what was the problem. If you can't see the red cast (or green cast on some other pics) I recommend a screen calibration.

This should be more correct (removed red colour on mid-tones)

Regards
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      yes this kind of crop is acceptable.
      Please note that this photo you're showing has a very strong red cast and has a good chance to be rejected for bad colours.
      Do you use auto tone or auto colours on photoshop ? Some of your shots have been rejected for that reason in the past and I was wondering what was the problem. If you can't see the red cast (or green cast on some other pics) I recommend a screen calibration.

This should be more correct (removed red colour on mid-tones)

Regards
      Alex
      Thanks Alex.

I really don't know what the problem is.
      I'm not using Photoshop but Silkypix 5.0 for editing the RAW file.
      After that I'm using Elements 7 for fine tuning on levels, brightness/contrast in TIFF and finally some on sharpness if necessary in JPEG.

Now I found out together with y son that there might be something wrong with My Canon 450D, because the results are getting worse I (We) believe and were never as good as the results of my sons 400D. Maybe I should send it to one of the service points of Canon for investigation.

Comment

BTW Alex, how did you correct the red cast?

Jaap.

Comment

Colour cast correction is fairly easy to do but a bitch to explain.
          Select the colour dropper tool and then open a threshold layer, find a bright white that's not burnt out, about the 250 mark and mark it's position with the colour dropper tool, Shift + left click.
          Open up a Curves layer and move the high point to that the Red, Green and Blue channels have the same value on the Info palate. Usually the green will be in the middle and move one up and the other channel down to equal the green value.
          An equal amount of red, Green and Blue will make white.
          This technique is also good for blacks.
          Wallace

Comment

Wallace is right.

What I did was just to select colour balance and bring down the reds on the mid tones

Comment

OK Wallace and Alex Thanks for supporting!

Comment

Working...
              X