ENDEAVOR last flight on SCA to LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENDEAVOR last flight on SCA to LAX

The space shuttle Endeavour is scheduled to leave KSC to begin its final flight on the 747SCA to LAX on the 17th September 2012. Anyone going to this event at KSC ? Estimated time of departure is 7.30 AM so it would be just after sunrise.
    Last edited by Richard M. A. Wood; 2012-09-07, 01:16.

Not going to start of the journey, but heading out to LAX for the arrival! Any other jp.netters heading out?

Comment

I was out at LAX a few weeks ago, and it was really hot even at the airport. The shuttle, I believe will be arriving around midday. I hope you get the shots you want as heat haze was apparent at that time when I was there. All the best.

Comment

I just discovered that the fly out from KSC has been postponed to Tuesday 18th due to weather concerns along the flight path, between KSC and Houston. NASA still has the arrival time @ LAX as unchanged.

Comment

Now the departure is set for Wed 19th September 2012...weather delays. Arrival in LAX has not been changed yet so transcontinental trip being highly modified.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. A. Wood View Post
            Now the departure is set for Wed 19th September 2012...weather delays. Arrival in LAX has not been changed yet so transcontinental trip being highly modified.
            The LA Times is now saying arrival will be on Friday....

Lets hope it does not get pushed further.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremydando View Post
              The LA Times is now saying arrival will be on Friday....

Lets hope it does not get pushed further.

That is correct. It will leave Florida Wednesday @ sunrise...arrive @ LAX Friday about the noon hour. For details see

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. A. Wood View Post
                That is correct. It will leave Florida Wednesday @ sunrise...arrive @ LAX Friday about the noon hour. For details see
                www.collectspace.com
                Crossing my fingers, plan B is now in effect!

Comment

Working...
                X