Malaysia T7 down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remind me to never fly Malaysia Air

"Flightaware.com*shows most commercial flights now appear to be avoiding airspace over most of Ukraine.*In the region, only three commercial aircraft are seen flying on Flightaware.com: *two Russian airliners, as of 1335ET, flying north over Crimea, and Malaysia Airlines Flight 21 heading to Kuala Lumpur from Paris (CDG) over western Ukraine."

What the fukc is wrong with that airline! 3 months ago the US FAA issued this:

"DUE TO THE POTENTIAL FOR CONFLICTING AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (ATC) INSTRUCTIONS FROM UKRAINIAN AND RUSSIAN AUTHORITIES AND FOR THE RELATED POTENTIAL MISIDENTIFICATION OF*CIVIL AIRCRAFT, UNITED STATES (U.S.) FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE IN*THE AIRSPACE OVER CRIMEA, THE BLACK SEA, AND THE SEA OF AZOV."

Less than 24 hours ago one of their planes gets shot down. Yet there they are again. The only ones left without enough sense to stay away.

Comment

A awful tweet of one of the Dutch passengers:

Last edited by pdeboer; 2014-07-17, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        West of Australia????

I agree with you in one thing:
        Over Vietnam, and they are looking at the wrong place since the beginning. Those "radar contacts" they got (aircraft turning back and flying low) are probably other airplanes in the area.
        A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
          I don't think that even meets the criteria for "theory". Where is the evidence for your hypothesis? If it had been shot down there would likely be a large easy to detect debris field, communications, lots of witnesses, etc.

The facts seem to go against your reckless hypothesis. Radar records seem to indicate that the aircraft was going a different direction. The lack of a large debris field, lack of shootdown communications, lack of witnesses; all seem to go against your hypothesis.
          After the destruction of KAL007 near the russian islands, nobody "saw" anything. In fact, the russians were cleaning the area and cremating the bodies.

Comment

Comment

Saving fuel, is more important than saving people....! that appears to be the rule on those airlines, flying in hostile airspace.

Originally posted by retox View Post
              "Flightaware.com*shows most commercial flights now appear to be avoiding airspace over most of Ukraine.*In the region, only three commercial aircraft are seen flying on Flightaware.com: *two Russian airliners, as of 1335ET, flying north over Crimea, and Malaysia Airlines Flight 21 heading to Kuala Lumpur from Paris (CDG) over western Ukraine."

What the fukc is wrong with that airline! 3 months ago the US FAA issued this:

"DUE TO THE POTENTIAL FOR CONFLICTING AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (ATC) INSTRUCTIONS FROM UKRAINIAN AND RUSSIAN AUTHORITIES AND FOR THE RELATED POTENTIAL MISIDENTIFICATION OF*CIVIL AIRCRAFT, UNITED STATES (U.S.) FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE IN*THE AIRSPACE OVER CRIMEA, THE BLACK SEA, AND THE SEA OF AZOV."

Less than 24 hours ago one of their planes gets shot down. Yet there they are again. The only ones left without enough sense to stay away.

Comment

Looks like a tail section...
                I wonder if they found the FDR and the CVR?

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                  Over Vietnam, and they are looking at the wrong place since the beginning. Those "radar contacts" they got (aircraft turning back and flying low) are probably other airplanes in the area.
                  The satellite pings (2-way communication between one specific satellite and one specific receiver, that assigned to one specific airplane) are not "other airplanes in the area". But ok, that's for another thread. Or better, for no thread.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

More to the point, I wonder if the Malaysians will ever get to take ownership of the FDR and CVR ?
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Yes, Interfax reports that the separatists have found the FDR.

Comment

Originally posted by retox View Post
                        Translated:
                        [http://translate.google.com/translat...17185321.shtml

Original:
                        Главные новости политики, экономики и бизнеса, комментарии аналитиков, финансовые данные с российских и мировых биржевых систем на сайте rbc.ru.

Same exact 21 sq mile small city (Torez).

Same time (article states 4pm local and Ukrainian ATC states it lost MH17 at 5:15pm local).

Russian militiamen claim to have shot I down a Ukrainian AN-26.

It would appear that either they misidentified the AC and that this is the smoking gun -or- this info to/from RBC.RU was manipulated.

As it happens, The Onexim Group, which is headed by Mikhail Prokhorov, owns a 51.1% stake in the Russian media company RBC. Prokhorov has spent a few days in jail courtesy of Putin and, at one point, ran against Putin (for president).
                        French media confirming this story:

More detail and photo of actual missile trail:
                        Posted 22 minutes after ATC lost MH17 “The plane has just been taken down somewhere around Torez (Donetsk Oblast). It lays there behind the Progress mine. We did warn you – do not fly in ‘our sky,’” he said through his account on VK, the Russian version of Facebook."

Comment

This is what happens when you give SA-11's to a bunch of separatist halfwits. Regardless of who actually shot this a/c down, Putin is ultimately to blame for arming and emboldening these total fucking untrained idiots.

280 pax, many probably bound for holidays. This is too horrible to even think about.

Comment

Originally posted by HansPeter View Post
                            Yes, Interfax reports that the separatists have found the FDR.
                            I thought I saw something saying pro-russians had sent them to Moscow for analysis but can't remember where I saw it now!

Comment

I just heard the news

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                              the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Can Malaysia Airlines survive this one?
                                AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                                the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Working...
                                X