Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code when uploading N613NK

Hi dear Jp-crew,

I'm trying to upload a photo of Spirit Airlines with reg: N613NK. The system does not allow me to upload it and gives me following message:
    "The page at www.jetphotos.net says:
    Please do not include spaces, or ............. lower case letters.".
    I have tried multiple times to upload it as the message indicates but no success.
    Perhaps I did something wrong in the early beginning that it doesn't allow me to upload this reg. even according the instructions.

Please help

Best regards

Nito

Better be in stone age than in no age

This probably relates to the image file name. Do not upload files with invalid characters in the filename (valid characters in a filename are capitalised A-Z lower case a-z numerals 0-9 - and _)
    Specifically do not use spaces, commas, full stops, colon, semi colon, @ or any other symbol.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2015-06-24, 18:18.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      This probably relates to the image file name. Do not upload files with invalid characters in the filename (valid characters in a filename are capitalised A-Z lower case a-z numerals 0-9 - and _)
      Specifically do not use spaces, commas, full stops, colon, semi colon, @ or any other symbol.
      Thanks Brian for the quick reply.

I have rewrote again and again the image file name accordingly your instructions above. I even used a file name of an other image already in the data base but it keeps given me the error message. I have uploaded so many images there were never a problem. It's only N613NK that gives me this headache!

Do I maybe have to skip and forget about this image!

Comment

Aaah, I see what you mean. Yes, it's a problem with that particular registration. I just tried a test upload and it did the same to me.
        I shall investigate further.
        Last edited by brianw999; 2015-06-24, 20:36.

Comment

Thanks Brian

Comment

Found the problem.
            The registration in the autofill field in the middle of the upload form has a space after it.
            The cure seems to be to delete the space after the registration. I don't think I can fix it myself but you can manually delete the space and try another upload. In the meantime I'll have a word with our programmers.

Comment

Autofill seens to be correct for this reg.
              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                Autofill seens to be correct for this reg.
                The raw data is correct but there is a space typed on the end of the registration in the field below the airline name and above the c/n. This seems to be what is causing the problem. Right now I cannot fix the problem permanently but an image can be uploaded if the uploader manually deletes the space.

Comment

And now? Hopefully I corrected it now.

Erwin

Comment

Still not working Erwin, not for me anyway. There is still a space after the reg which causes the error message. Deletion of the space allows the upload to go ahead.
                    This is strange, I've never seen this before. The registration is correctly inputted at the top of the upload page but the confirmation registration between the airline ad the c/n continues to have a space after it

I have sent a heads up to Chris and Gabe.

Comment

Fixed it now
                      Just deleted the N613NK and re-uploaded into auto fill.

Erwin

Comment

Well done Erwin. Thanks for the work on your part in an area that I much prefer not to fiddle with.

Comment

No problem. I was annoyed that it didn't worked

Erwin

Comment

Thank you Brian and Erwin

The N613NK is now (with auto fill) uploaded!

Comment

Working...
                            X