Where did I go wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did I go wrong?

Always trying to upload my pictures with the most accuracy, and always trying to check all the required data at least twice; it felt really as a personal attack ,when I received a personal note from the screener today on a rejection due to "category wrong or missing":

Needs night shot category, you have been warned too many times before.

????

Warned???
    Am I a newbee uploader, trying to upset our screeners?
    Sorry gentlemen, I never complain about rejections, but now I wonder where did I go wrong.
    I just checked all my previous rejections as far as I can, but I don't even see any WARNING about nightshot categories at all.

As our screeners don't like to be approached in a harsh way,I don't like it eather.
    Please explain me at least, where in the past I wasted our screeners time,as feel very confused now.

Regards

Freek

Hi Freek,

Warnings are just messages sent to point on some problem - nothing bad - We have that system called "warnings" where we can find an history of what happened with the different uploaders.

If I come to a photographer where I need to correct many categories I'll usually send a message to the photographer telling him to be careful about a particular issue. I wold also leave a "warning" in our system telling basically "Message sent to "X" about hot photos (or anything else)"
    That way we don't send multiple messages from different screener about the same problem. As we except people to read their screening emails and our messages, if you already got a message and keep doing that mistake that's when you would get a "warning sent before" message.
    But really it's no big deal, some people have 10+ "warning" in the system, that doesn't mean anything about the quality of the pictures or anything, it's just for memory and to improve the screening.

Cheers

Alex

Comment

According to your screening history you have been informed (or "warned") at least 5 times regarding night shot category. It seems, that the screener decided to start rejecting photos for the missing category instead of correcting and informing you once more. 5 chances are not that bad in my opinion.

Problem here seems to be the wording. You do not recieve warnings, but screeners remarks, which can be anything from a simple "great shot" to a warning. Internally we call it warnings.

EDIT: beaten by 1 minute
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Point taken!

Gerardo and Alex, thanks for your explanations.
        It's chrystal clear to me now

Freek

Comment

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
          Always trying to upload my pictures with the most accuracy, and always trying to check all the required data at least twice; it felt really as a personal attack ,when I received a personal note from the screener today on a rejection due to "category wrong or missing":

Needs night shot category, you have been warned too many times before.

????

Warned???
          Am I a newbee uploader, trying to upset our screeners?
          Sorry gentlemen, I never complain about rejections, but now I wonder where did I go wrong.
          I just checked all my previous rejections as far as I can, but I don't even see any WARNING about nightshot categories at all.

As our screeners don't like to be approached in a harsh way,I don't like it eather.
          Please explain me at least, where in the past I wasted our screeners time,as feel very confused now.

Regards

Freek
          Freek, that was me who left the screeners remark for you, I apologise if it came across as rude or as a personal attack, it was not intended in that way.

With 7000+ images in the database, I don't see you as a Newbie photographer as you claim.

Normally during screening, with the majority of images that have an incorrect or missing category, I will correct it and leave the photographer a message stating that I added or adjusted a category, and I know I have done so many times previously for you.

However every once in a while, if I have been correcting many categories for the same photographer, or the photographer has had many corrections previously from other screeners (that have been documented in the warnings system mentioned by Gerardo), then I will reject the image as a gentle reminder to the photographer to ensure all categories are correct upon uploading.

I hope this helps clear things up for you, nothing personal Freek.

Comment

Thanks Dave, for your clarification.
            No hard feelings

Comment

Working...
            X