X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US AIR Tweet

No details.

I am not CERTAIN of anything here.

BREAKING NEWS: A US Airways jet apparently suffered nose gear collapse at PHL. Via Dennis Fee Facebook.

Comment

Passengers say @USAirways jet crashed during takeoff at Philadelphia Int'l Airport

Comment

I'd hit it . "Selfie with collapsed nose gear on US Airways flight in Philly "

Comment

Comment

... was accelerating for takeoff from runway 27L when one of the nose gear tyres blew causing the aircraft to veer off the runway. The crew rejected takeoff, [...] There were no injuries.
            Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

One word: Airbus.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                One word: Airbus.
                so the landing gear are apparently made with cheap composite plastics too?

Comment

I mostly like the fact that you see most of the pax with their carry on baggage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                    I mostly like the fact that you see most of the pax with their carry on baggage!!!
                    Now that we have smartphone video footage of every incident, I'm thinking that's pretty much what you see with every evacuation.
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                      so the landing gear are apparently made with cheap composite plastics too?
                      And the tires too. They're lego tires.

Comment

All jokes aside, I'm surprised no one is taking this seriously, considering the initial reports the A320 was already nose-up and getting airborne, when they apparently tried to reject the takeoff and bounced on the runway a few times.
                        Kidna suggestive of a rejected takeoff at Vr, and past V1 obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
                          All jokes aside, I'm surprised no one is taking this seriously, considering the initial reports the A320 was already nose-up and getting airborne, when they apparently tried to reject the takeoff and bounced on the runway a few times.
                          Kidna suggestive of a rejected takeoff at Vr, and past V1 obviously.
                          Yes that would be kinda suggestive if true. Source?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

The first news I read on CNN

Airline spokesman: A US Airways plane blew a tire while taking off Thursday evening at Philadelphia International Airport, prompting it to abruptly stop.

Watching from a nearby plane, Dave Olinger said, "I saw the plane come down with its landing gear (hitting) the ground abnormally hard and it bounced back into the air. Then it continued to try to land and it went out of my view as I saw a massive cloud of dust come up from behind it." A witness in an airport terminal, posting to the online travel community FlyerTalk.com, reported seeing the plane "bounce twice on takeoff."
                            Someone on the A.net forum was claiming they witnessed the same.
                            Don't know how credible it all is. For now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
                              I'd hit it
                              Hit it with what?

Her tweets apparently were "So my plane just crashed" and "I almost just died."

Comment

Working...
                              X