No announcement yet.

Flight precaution landing of FAB001 with Bolivian President aboard in Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight precaution landing of FAB001 with Bolivian President aboard in Vienna

Not sure whether it will become another hive of conspiracy theories or quickly turn into a political turmoil, but...

Stacy Summary: It appears that Bolivia’s Air Force One carrying Evo Morales has made an emergency landing in Vienna after the plane was denied permission to fly over the air space of France, Italy or Spain. Someone in Vienna said the tv was reporting that Snowden is on board, but Bolivia’s foreign minister denies this. I guess that whole claim from Obama that he wouldn’t scramble jets for a 29 year old hacker was technically true – - – he’d get the Europeans to do it.
    Now there's this audio recording supposedly from communication between the tower and the cockpit of FAB001

where the pilot speaks about unreliable fuel gauges.

Several countries reported to have closed their airspace to the flight later-on denied this, but now France has apparently apologized...

My questions regarding the case would be:

How do airspace closures ususally happen and how are they communicated? Apparently it happened before not too long ago when the german chancellor A. Merkel was forced to circle the Mediterranean for two hours en rout to Afghanistan before being allowed to pass over Iran.

Is there a way to verify the authenticity of the audio recording? If the landing was indeed a safety precaution, would it be documented somewhere?

Would airspace restrictions need to be documented? Reports claim that "technical reasons" were quoted to justify the restrictions...?

Any informed comments are more than welcome - please use other forums to discuss the Snowden case as such!

Is very unfortunate and it is a clear violation of the international regulations, I am glad Austria allowed them to land safely.
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Working...
    X