New Eastern Air Lines Boeing 737-800 Painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Eastern Air Lines Boeing 737-800 Painted

Looks great. I wish them success(although many recent airline restarts have not been very successful, Frontier Airlines has shown it is possible.)

That looks sweet!

Comment

"Spirit of Capt Eddie"...cute.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how this story will develop...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
          Will be interesting to see how this story will develop...
          It surely will be. I wish them good luck, as with AA there (and this airline's flair for nostalgia apparent) - I can see the 'new' Eastern attempting to tackle AA on the routes that Eastern surrendered to them when they went away.

That said, I wish that they chose to base operations at FLL if only to face lesser competition as a full service airline. Yes, overall competition would be stiffer (with every major U.S. L.C.C. serving the airport, and the largest all maintaining FLL as focus cities), and perhaps AA provides such a vaccumm at MIA that it could be moderately viable, but only as much as AA tolerates it.

I cannot wait to see how and when they chose another hub, because I would hate to see the fleet and airline die quickly.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it launching as a charter carrier?

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post

That said, I wish that they chose to base operations at FLL if only to face lesser competition as a full service airline. Yes, overall competition would be stiffer (with every major U.S. L.C.C. serving the airport, and the largest all maintaining FLL as focus cities)...
              There are no gates available at FLL, certainly not enough for a base, at least not until all the construction is complete, which, by the looks of it, might not be until I've been retired a decade or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                  Let's just call that a rouse, shall we.

At present, the airline has 10 737-800s(and as the pictures prove, prepared to go), as well as 10 737 MAX-8s on order.

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2014/05/...er-boeing-737/

The order is split between a firm commitment for ten Boeing 737-800 Next Generation and options for up to ten Boeing 737 MAX 8 jets. The deal is worth nearly $2 billion at list prices...

Also unclear is whether the airline’s original plan to operate Airbus A320 aircraft were still in place.
                  Also, as per the quote above - they are in contact with EADS to take on some A320 (or family) aircraft as well.

Not to mention, that there is the order for the MRJs...

http://aviationweek.com/farnborough-...orders-20-mrjs

Eastern Air Lines Group, a Miami-based start-up trying to revive the iconic airline brand, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Mitsubishi Aircraft Corp. to order 20 firm MRJ90s plus hold purchase rights for 20 more of the Japanese regional jets.
                  Let's call a spade a spade - that's a mighty large fleet for a charter company...
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Now in db:

[photoid=7936358]

Comment

Working...
                    X