Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The health of Iranian carriers?

Hiya All,

So I am wondering how to obtain information regarding the financial and structural health of Iranian carriers. Do the carriers receive fuel subsidies? Are carriers privatized? Past sanctions, what are the abilities of said carriers to source new aircraft? Does Iran's fuel prices assist the airlines in operating older/less efficient aircraft? Or, are they under pressure (as other global carriers) to move on towards newer aircraft?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Normally, the wikipedia article will state ownership of an airline in the fact file on the right-hand side of the page. I just checked for Iranair, Mahan Air and Iran Aseman Airlines, and all three seem to have some government-connected parent company. Given that fact, I think there is really no telling if they are financially and structurally healthy... as woul dbe true for any government-run operation, in the air, on the ground, or otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      Normally, the wikipedia article will state ownership of an airline in the fact file on the right-hand side of the page. I just checked for Iranair, Mahan Air and Iran Aseman Airlines, and all three seem to have some government-connected parent company. Given that fact, I think there is really no telling if they are financially and structurally healthy... as woul dbe true for any government-run operation, in the air, on the ground, or otherwise...
      I was thinking the same, given the same research. I didn't really know how to gauge any information coming from those sources as they tend to be devoid (in most cases) of truly disparaging (or, as in this case - any pertinent) information. You are right, though, that as a state-owned entity that I would find greater difficulty in finding information (compared to privatized entity). I guess that I was searching for someone with greater knowledge of the reigon's operating performances to provide greater insight (that the blanketed information offered by wiki).

Thank you, though, for the research and the conclusion, given those facts.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
      X