Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Freek,
    Yeah it's kinda borderline but by plaing with the curves you should be able to brighten the plane enough, watch out for the contrast then.

About those 2 planes in Brussels I'm afraid that the motive is the problem as well as the distance. And no it's no way a spotting location as stated by our guideline.

Regards
    Alex

Comment

• Hello.
      Whilst I see this pic fine allover it was rejected for contrast and dark

Brighten up is no problem but does it need more or less contrast (tend to say less but I'm not sure).

Thanks!

georg
      ________
      LonelyCat
      Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:25.

Comment

• Georg, not an easy one, as the aircraft is slighty underexposed and the background overexposed. A tweak on the curves may help here.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• contrast issue

Hey everybody,

over the last couple days I got several rejection due to bad contrast.
          Take this one for example:

Can't really explain what I made wrong as I was using the curves tool as well to get it accepted.

Any help would be very helpful.

Phil

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Planepictures.net
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Airliners.net

Comment

• Philipp, that shouldn't really be new to you, as you got many, many rejected uploads and appeals already for the same reason in the past few weeks. The background is overexposed with almost no difference between fuselage and background.

Simply said: this kind of weather/light combination simply sucks for photography.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              Georg, not an easy one, as the aircraft is slighty underexposed and the background overexposed. A tweak on the curves may help here.
              Thanks for the hint. Will give it another try within the next days.

georg
              ________
              HOW TO USE IOLITE
              Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 07:25.

Comment

• Hello, I got this shot rejectedfor Similar photo uploaded but the only other shot I have I do not think is that similar because it is more a head-on shot rather than a more side-on shot, and it is also diferent weather conditions, so I would just like to know if I should appeal it or not?

The rejected photo

and the similar photo
                9V-STF. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Zach,
                  As a general rule we request to have at least a 45 deg difference to avoid similar rejections. Here not only the angle is almost exactly the same but also the accepted pic is better (contrast) than the rejected one.

Regards
                  Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                    Philipp, that shouldn't really be new to you, as you got many, many rejected uploads and appeals already for the same reason in the past few weeks. The background is overexposed with almost no difference between fuselage and background.

Simply said: this kind of weather/light combination simply sucks for photography.
                    I understand that this weather isn't the best for photography but the jetphotos.net database contains enough pictures taken during similar circumstances of an overcast sky which look very good. So any chance to get it a bit fixed with Photoshop?

Phil

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Planepictures.net
                    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at Airliners.net

Comment

• Phil,
                      For sure you could maybe improve those pics with PS, at least if you shoot in RAW (not much to do here if it's in jpg) but the question is - is it really worth it ? I mean to spend more time on a common aircraft on a dull day and spend minutes and minutes trying to improve a shot that maybe still going to be rejected. I would say, drop those and focus on shots that have been taken with a more contrasted day.

Regards
                      Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        Mehdi,

Open up the histogram in levels and move the left and right baseline arrows in to meet the points where the graph starts on the baseline. Ignore any small block of graph at each end of the baseline. This will fix the contrast.

For sharpness, apply 3 passes of USM at 50_0.2_0

....and that SHOULD do it !
                        Hi,
                        Thanks for that Brian.
                        How does it look now?
                        JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers,
                        Mehdi.
                        Last edited by mnazarinia; 2009-06-09, 08:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gandalf View Post
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2519999

This photo, uploaded as a "ramp" was rejected today for "bad motive" and the note of the screener (thanks for that!) says: "I can not see any ramp".
                          What can I say? You are absolutely right ...

I would ask for a tip on how to upload it, because... how can I load it as a Swiss Airbus 340 HB-JMe if any registration is visible ...?

Perhaps I would need a special category: "tails" ...

Thanks, Fabrizio
                          I apologize for self-quote
                          I'm looking for an answer, if it exists!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gandalf View Post
                            I apologize for self-quote
                            I'm looking for an answer, if it exists!!!
                            As we can't really see the ramp it would be better to upload with the reg of the first plane.

Regards
                            Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
                              As we can't really see the ramp it would be better to upload with the reg of the first plane.

Regards
                              Alex
                              Thanks for Your quick replay, Alex.

Comment

• Got this one booted for some dust spots. There was some grass being blown around from it, so I'm wondering could that be the reason?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X