Disband the Snowbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disband the Snowbirds?

I was a little saddened when I heard two of their aircraft had crashed, and even more so when I read one of the pilots died .

I remember as a kid, seeing the Snowbirds at the Canadian National Exhibition air shows were the best part about the CNE, and a nice way to remember the end of summer. In alot of ways, to me, the Snowbirds are the pinnacle of aviation in Canada. Aerobatic teams like the Snowbirds and Blue Angels are simply amazing to watch, and for many push the imagination to new heights. Those loops/turns/spins/flips/etc could always beat down any magic act for me

It's sad when any aircraft crashes, even more so when there is loss of life. There's always so many questions after such an incident. There's sad people, angry people, and those pointing fingers. It's to be expected. The lowest point of it all, as I see it, are the politicians calling it all an aged/out of date luxury we could do with out. Of the 35 years and over 1,800 shows, I'm willing to bet they sparked alot more awe and passion than any bean counting politician ever could. The 10 Million dollars that is used to find the Snowbirds is a lot of money that could go to a lot of things, but with out those brave men/women and their machines, we lose more than 10 million dollars could possibly buy! (Checks the current price of happiness/dreams to make sure....yep! )

Ps: Last little bit rushed ..

Pss: I mostly mentioned the Snowbirds here, but really it can apply to any aerobatic team ..

I think this has been the longest post I've ever made to a message board!

Lets hope the family of Selby will be okay this Christmas.
    -Kevin

Comment

Yes, of course condolences and best wishes to them!

(Was rushing though the scattered thoughts and missed that part)

Comment

What was the cause of the crash?

Comment

Mid-air collision during a 'routine training flight'.

I've heard lots of "They were old aircraft so that must have been it!" type of crap too. Which doesn't seem likely at all, they aren't going to fly unsafe planes.

Comment

No don't disband the Snowbirds. You should build a business case on why they should stay or go instead of doing a "government knee jerk" and suggest disbanding.

Comment

Sympathy to the family.
              It would be too bad to disband the Snowbirds even though the Canadair Tutors are unfortunately not eternal and may have to be replaced.
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
              X