Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversharpen and contrast

Hi,

Got this one rejected for contrast and oversharpen. For me it looks fine, so I appealed but it was rejected again.

What is wrong with the contrast and what must I do, to make it better.

61 viewers, and no one with an opinion.

Maybe the screener himself?

Comment

Really nobody?

Comment

The contrast is a bit harsh. Lighten the midtones a little to soften the harsh shadows.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Is it not possible to write the real reason in the rejection e-mail: The contrast is a bit harsh.
          The you know what is wrong. Even te appeal screener did not tell me what was wong with the contrast, and now we are 3 weeks further. Not a friendly way to deal with it.

Comment

Thanks Brian for your reply, now it is clear for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Stam View Post
              Is it not possible to write the real reason in the rejection e-mail: The contrast is a bit harsh.
              The you know what is wrong. Even te appeal screener did not tell me what was wong with the contrast, and now we are 3 weeks further. Not a friendly way to deal with it.
              You opened a thread with a question what was wrong and what could be done, meaning you invited everyone here to answer, not only the screeners.
              As said before, we are not sending individual notes with every photo we screen, that takes too much time. As you know, when you appeal and the screener finds the original rejection reason stands, it is normal no additional info is given.
              There are answers in several threads of this forum, for instance the thread with the upload guidelines: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=44854 Much information can be found on contrast issues just by searching the forums.

Comment

And if you want an answer from the xcreeners it is much better to give a link to the rejected pic and not attaching it to your post, as the attached usually has to be smaller in file size than what can be up-loaded. Additionally the link allows us the see the screening history. I hate to comment on pics attached with the forum software when it comes to oversharpen, as the software uses a stronger compression than the database.

Comment

Thanks Pamela and Stefan,

My point is (and I am not the only one) that when a photo is rejected for - Too much or too little contrast, I still don't know if it is too much or too low.

Why not reject a photo for only - Too much contrast, if it is really too much or reject a photo for - too little contrast, when it is really too little. Then you know what is the reason and you don't have to ask it.

And Pamela of course I am familiar with the quidelines. I uploaded this photo because I thought it was fine ( by the way, I still do). Why should I upload photos with te wrong contrast??

And Stefan I asked the screener to react, because nobody else did. To edit the photo again I will know what is really wrong with it.

At last Brian react. Lucky for me.

And also lucky is that the message with the name of one of your screeners is disappeared. That is not the way to deal with.

Thank for you reactions and screening. You are doing a good job

Comment

Working...
                  X