Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection help - dark/underexposed

Got this one rejected.
    For me the history looks quiet normal and for me the aircraft is not dark. Even on different monitors.
    But after appealing the picture with this information I recieved a reject without a comment

Originally posted by Soaring1972 View Post
    Got this one rejected.
    For me the history looks quiet normal and for me the aircraft is not dark. Even on different monitors.
    But after appealing the picture with this information I recieved a reject without a comment

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4770217
    The luminosity histoogram shows an underexposure. It is important to always use the Luminosity Histogram and not the RGB Histogram. See this link for help... http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=56395
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      The luminosity histoogram shows an underexposure. It is important to always use the Luminosity Histogram and not the RGB Histogram. See this link for help... http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=56395
      Hello Brian When I open Photoshop(I'm using CS6) I can see RGB histogram. Is there anyway(change of settings) so that I can see the luminosity histogram permanently on the right tab ?

Comment

Originally posted by Raihan Ahmed View Post
        Hello Brian When I open Photoshop(I'm using CS6) I can see RGB histogram. Is there anyway(change of settings) so that I can see the luminosity histogram permanently on the right tab ?
        You didn't open the link that I gave, did you ?

Here's the relevent information from it....

The luminosity histogram can be found in "Window....Histogram". Select this option and park it in a corner of the screen. Click the middle tab named Histogram and using the drop down find and select Luminosity.
        You cannot work directly on this histogram.....

...so now you need to go to "Image....Adjustments....Levels" where you can make adjustments. Make sure that you have RGB selected here. You will see three arrows on the baseline of the graph. The left side arrow adjusts the dark tones, the middle arrow adjusts the midtones and the right arrow adjusts the highlights.

You might also see that the two graphs are a different shape and may well have different gaps at each end. These gaps indicate missing dark and light tones depending on which end of the graph they are at. You need to drag the relevant arrow in to touch the graph where it meets the baseline. Make the adjustments on the RGB graph but watch the effect on the Luminosity graph. Setting the left and right side of the luminosity histogram will set optimum contrast. You may have to adjust the midtones as well especially if you have deep shadows or bright highlights but this is a personal judgement for you to make.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          You didn't open the link that I gave, did you ?

Here's the relevent information from it....
          I opened the link Brian, but wanted more details. Now I understand that there is no way to work on the luminosity histogram directly and thank you once again

Comment

Working...
          X