• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Help Please

Hi Screeners,

This photo was rejected for being soft and dark:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4633238

In my opinion I think it isn't dark because it was taken at around 6-7 pm, which was very near sunset. Also on photoshop, it is very sharp. The aircraft shows up as very sharp, whilst the background may be a bit blurry due to slower shutter speed.
    Should I appeal this?

Thanks,
    Michael

Originally posted by Michael Leung-AAEDB View Post
    Hi Screeners,

This photo was rejected for being soft and dark:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4633238

In my opinion I think it isn't dark because it was taken at around 6-7 pm, which was very near sunset. Also on photoshop, it is very sharp. The aircraft shows up as very sharp, whilst the background may be a bit blurry due to slower shutter speed.
    Should I appeal this?

Thanks,
    Michael
    The front end is a little soft. It certainly needs some brightness to overcome the greyness of the fuselage.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Would it look better now? Will it be accepted? Thanks again for the help

Comment

Would it look better now? Will it be accepted? Thanks again for the help
          I can't categorically say that it will be accepted or not. The contrast is a little bit harsh. Try lightening the midtones a little.

Comment

Hi Brian,

edited according to your advice. Thanks for the help. Does it look better now?

Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

Hi Brian,

edited according to your advice. Thanks for the help. Does it look better now?

Thanks,
              Michael
              That's better. Don't forget "Night Shot" category.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                That's better. Don't forget "Night Shot" category.
                Night shot? I thought it was only for those taken in the night, not before sunset right?

Comment

Night shot? I thought it was only for those taken in the night, not before sunset right?
                  from the upload guideline...

Night Shots
                  This category should apply for the following: - Dawn, Dusk & Night. For Dusk & Dawn shots these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows. Dusk or dawn shots where the aircraft is a silhouette in front of a rising or setting sun would be a time where backlit shots are acceptable and Night Shot would apply. The sun needs to be very close to the horizon for Night Shot to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                    from the upload guideline...

Night Shots
                    This category should apply for the following: - Dawn, Dusk & Night. For Dusk & Dawn shots these should show a red-orange glow and long shadows. Dusk or dawn shots where the aircraft is a silhouette in front of a rising or setting sun would be a time where backlit shots are acceptable and Night Shot would apply. The sun needs to be very close to the horizon for Night Shot to apply.
                    Oh my bad, sorry! Thanks both screeners for the help!

Comment

May I ask which part of the aircraft are oversharpened and which parts are soft? Its a bit confusing to get completely opposite reasons for rejection all in one image.

Comment

Working...
                      X