Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sluger020889
    I'm using Photoshop 8 CS. HOw can i fix the jpeg compression problem?????
    Pretty sure this came from film because there was alot of grain in it.
    Take a look at your scanner equipment. Make sure your scanning on the highest setting. Also your scanner may not be of high enough quality for online pictures. But your compression problem specifically comes from how your saving your photos. Make sure you resize them to 1024 before saving them and save them at quality 12.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

I resize all my pics to 1024x681 when possible and I normally save with a quality of 12.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

Originally posted by andyhunt

We would love to see your images uploaded here. "We look for reasons to accept, not reasons to reject" is our motto.
        What an excellent attitude. You all just became my favorite airplane photo web site (not that you weren't my favorite before). Thanks all.
        My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Well I took another crack at editing this pic and started with the original and this is what i got...

I adjusted the levels, croped, adjusted brightness and contrast, USM (settings 150, 0.2, 0) resized to 1024x681, and USM with same settings. I think it's a little better.

Mikecweb, I noticed some details in you edit that aren't in mine for example the dirt or whatever in the engine, what did you do in editing my pic????

Comment

Request for help: atcvector

Cannot seem to get the sharpness, and contrast/brightness correct. This photo was taken just about sunset from about 1/2 mile away. I know that it is not much to work with. Good Luck.
            Thanks.
            Scott

My photos at JP.net

Comment

Well I'm not an expert but I took a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by sluger020889
                Well I'm not an expert but I took a shot...
                Looks good to me. I just had my version of this photo rejected for various reasons.

I did get one of my pictuers of this airplane accepted here at JP. For that I am very happy.
                Fresh out of the paint shop, this is the first B-747 to wear the new United Airlines paint scheme. Painted by Leading Edge in Amarillo, Texas.. N196UA. Boeing 747-422. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

As far as I can tell, JP published the very first picture of this airplane in the new United colors.

I get the feeling that there is just not enough to work with. You can tell by the long shadows that I took this picture right before sunset. Any screeners input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                Scott
                My photos at JP.net

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                  I just got a rejection from a.net. It says photoshop has a feature which reduces grain. I am yet to come across this feature. What is it and where is it??
                  It is called "Despeckel" This tool is on Photoshop 7 and CS. Idon't know if it is on earlier versions of Photoshop.
                  To find it, click on "Filters">>"Noise">> then click on "Despeckel"
                  It does remove some grain, but softens the picture a bit. Better results using Neat Image.

Hope this helps
                  Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

This photo looks allright to me, but it was rejected with "Poor lighting (backlit)" rejection reason... is there anything I can do for this one in order to get it accepted?...

Thanks for helping
                    Pikas (aka Cristiano Oliveira)

"Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind."

Comment

There seems to be some noise very apprant on the darker sections of the fuselage and there is some apparent on the whiter parts. The photos seems quite soft (see titles), use USM at .2,200%,0 a couple of times. If you returned to teh original, while brightening the photo up, it could stand a chance at being accepted but i would bother.

There also seems to be a lot of JPEG compression visable, make sure when you save it, you save at the highest quality setting.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Cristiano, as I told you already, sometimes, the sun is not the photographer's best friend, as for example on noon, when the sun is too high. The biggest parts of your pic are simply backlit and therefore a bit underexposed, thus noisy. Add to that, that the pic is also a bit too soft.

Backlit can add a lot to a photo, but not on a "normal" side on shot.

Cheers
                        Gerardo
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thank you so much Simpleboy and Gerardo (LX-A343) for your reply and for trying to help me! It's no doubt about what's wrong with this pic (except that concerning jpeg compression, as I always use the higest quality settings when save), but it's a pity 'cause it's a "wave pic", and I don't now if I can fix it to be accepted...I'll try...
                          Once again, thnkx for sharing with me all your knowledge about how to photograph...with your help, someday I'll be a great jp photographer (you can bet on that ).

Best regards,

"Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind."

Comment

Hello guys! Here I'm again on my on, asking for help, as I was a little bit shocked about this rejections...tell what you think, please? is there any thing I can do?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=536590

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=536592

Thank You!!

Comment

Dude I don't know what's gong on but all of a sudden my internet went wierd (like this page is twice as wide as it should be), and your first photo link in your post was a redirect to this:

Comment

some help with a reject

I really really really love this photo but I recently had it rejected for Blurry. I'd really love to get this on JP.NET! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is the edited ver. that was rejected: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=540520

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I think you can all agree this is great lighting and of course a great bird!

Thanks a lot,
                                Curtis Kreklau
                                My Web Page: http://members.shaw.ca/curtisk1
                                My A.NET pictures: http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...klau&distinct_
                                My JP.NET pictures: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=2880
                                My Aviation.NET pictures: http://myaviation.net/?uid=3658

Comment

Working...
                                X